Best ASP.NET development environment

Jassim Rahma

What is the Best ASP.NET development environment? i am now using
macromedia HomeSite for ASP..

Many Thanks,
Jassim Rahma

Guest

Hi,

I would say Visual Studio .NET.

The point where VSNET 2k3 had a weak area was page designing - this wasn't
very easy in the environment. And that was exactly where Macromedia
Dreamweaver had an edge.

But Whidbey brings along improvements in this area which would hopefully
make both coding and designing quite easy!

Frankie

This link offers some perspective on the point you make about VS.NET 2003...
http://blogs.msdn.com/MikhailArkhipov/archive/2004/05/16/132886.aspx

Most developers I know develop ASP.NET Web applications with both (1) an
HTML editor, like Dreamweaver or Frontpage; AND (2) VS.NET 2003 opened at
the same time - with HTML-specific work done in the HTML editor, and all
code-behind and other programming work and test sessions launched in/from
VS.NET.

-HTH