    Please recommend the best book you think so.

    Thank you.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, May 19, 2004

  2. Weng Tianxiang wrote:
    > I want to know how to calculate setup, hold times and its operation
    > principles for a flip flop.

    A d-flop is a simple asynchronous state machine.
    I like to think of it as two latches and an inverter.
    Slide 3 in:
    http://www.ecs.umass.edu/ece/tessier/courses/221/lecture/lect20-engin112.ppt
    Shows one latch as gates.
    Slide 5 shows the d-flop structure as two latches and an inverter.

    Instead of reading a book, you might write
    a vhdl or spice model of this structure
    and demonstrate the setup and hold times
    required for proper operation as a function
    of gate delays.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, May 20, 2004