    really appreciate some good suggestions.
    my price range is up to $100

    Thanks

    don, Apr 30, 2011

  2. don wrote:

    > please recommend the best books out there for learning HTML.... there
    > are just too many listing on Amazon for me to narrow the list.... and
    > I would really appreciate some good suggestions. my price range is up
    > to $100

    While you are contemplating which book to buy, have you seen this yet?

    http://htmldog.com/

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 30, 2011

  3. On Apr 29, 6:50 pm, "don" <> wrote:
    > please recommend the best books out there for learning HTML.... there are
    > just too many listing on Amazon for me to narrow the list.... and I would
    > really appreciate some good suggestions.
    > my price range is up to $100
    >
    > Thanks

    Although it's rather long winded I liked Head First HTML with CSS &
    XHTML. I was a rank beginner when I bought it. (I'm no longer
    Rank!).

    Once you get started you can use the HTML and CSS Standards web site
    as a reference. Others can give you the latest web address for the
    current specification.

    The http://htmldog.com/ site as already mentioned is excellent.

    I also like http://www.w3schools.com/ although you will hear a lot
    of bad comments about it. It's not a perfect site, but if you don't
    take it as definitive it can be a good guide for the beginner.

    However, the best resource is probably this forum. People here are
    very helpful, especially once you get used to them. I've got advice
    here that I couldn't get elsewhere. (I wish I had time to implement
    the latest.)

    http://richardfisher.com/

    Helpful person, Apr 30, 2011
  4. don

    don Guest

    > While you are contemplating which book to buy, have you seen this yet?
    >
    > http://htmldog.com/

    That's a great link,,, thanks

    don, Apr 30, 2011
  5. don

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <
    m>,
    Helpful person <> wrote:

    > People here are
    > very helpful, especially once you get used to them.

    Oy! What *exactly* do you mean by that? Are you implying that
    anyone here is a bit sensitive or prickly? How dare you! <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 1, 2011
  6. don

    Rob W Guest

    Op 30-4-2011 3:50, don schreef:
    > please recommend the best books out there for learning HTML.... there are
    > just too many listing on Amazon for me to narrow the list.... and I would
    > really appreciate some good suggestions.
    > my price range is up to $100
    >
    > Thanks

    Bulletproof web design, bij Dan Cederholm

    --
    Rob

    Rob W, May 1, 2011
  7. On Apr 30, 4:13 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <
    > m>,
    >  Helpful person <> wrote:
    >
    > > People here are
    > > very helpful, especially once you get used to them.

    > Oy! What *exactly* do you mean by that? Are you implying that
    > anyone here is a bit sensitive or prickly? How dare you! <g>
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    My apologies. I have never known anyone to be prickly, especially
    yourself.

    http://richardfisher.com/

    Helpful person, May 2, 2011