best books out there?

don

please recommend the best books out there for learning HTML.... there are
just too many listing on Amazon for me to narrow the list.... and I would
really appreciate some good suggestions.
my price range is up to $100

Thanks

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

don said:
please recommend the best books out there for learning HTML.... there
are just too many listing on Amazon for me to narrow the list.... and
I would really appreciate some good suggestions. my price range is up
to $100

While you are contemplating which book to buy, have you seen this yet?

http://htmldog.com/

Helpful person

please recommend the best books out there for learning HTML.... there are
just too many listing on Amazon for me to narrow the list.... and I would
really appreciate some good suggestions.
my price range is up to $100

Thanks

Although it's rather long winded I liked Head First HTML with CSS &
XHTML. I was a rank beginner when I bought it. (I'm no longer
Rank!).

Once you get started you can use the HTML and CSS Standards web site
as a reference. Others can give you the latest web address for the
current specification.

The http://htmldog.com/ site as already mentioned is excellent.

I also like http://www.w3schools.com/ although you will hear a lot
of bad comments about it. It's not a perfect site, but if you don't
take it as definitive it can be a good guide for the beginner.

However, the best resource is probably this forum. People here are
very helpful, especially once you get used to them. I've got advice
here that I couldn't get elsewhere. (I wish I had time to implement
the latest.)

http://richardfisher.com/

Rob W

Op 30-4-2011 3:50, don schreef:
please recommend the best books out there for learning HTML.... there are
just too many listing on Amazon for me to narrow the list.... and I would
really appreciate some good suggestions.
my price range is up to $100

Thanks

Bulletproof web design, bij Dan Cederholm