best C++ browser [was Re: emacs Vs Eclipse?]

Kin Cho

Hi,

I now have a need to browse thousands of lines of C++ code
written by someone else. Is ECB state of the art? I don't mind
paying for non-free software, as long as it integrates with
emacs.

Thanks.

-kin

Klaus Berndl

Hi,

I now have a need to browse thousands of lines of C++ code
written by someone else. Is ECB state of the art? I don't mind

Depends on what you mean with "state of the art"?
The best is you go to http://ecb.sf.net - look at the screenshots
and take a look into the online-documentation which describes pretty all what
ECB can do for you...

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl mailto: (e-mail address removed)
sd&m AG http://www.sdm.de

Asmund Ostvold

[ Kin Cho ]
I now have a need to browse thousands of lines of C++ code
written by someone else. Is ECB state of the art? I don't mind
paying for non-free software, as long as it integrates with
emacs.

There is a software that I believe support refactoring and code
browsing that you can download and test from
http://www.xref.sk/xrefactory/license.html I believe that this program
integrates with ECB. Xrefactory C++ is non-free after test period.

Aasmund

Kai Grossjohann

Kin Cho said:
I now have a need to browse thousands of lines of C++ code
written by someone else. Is ECB state of the art? I don't mind
paying for non-free software, as long as it integrates with
emacs.

Emacs 21 comes with ebrowse. I don't know how it stacks up, but you
could at least try it, since you most probably already have it...

Doging the state of the art, let's say that ECB is definitely very
good.

Kai

Kin Cho

Just gave ebrowse a try. I wouldn't say I'm impressed by it.
The interface seems a bit non-intuitive.

I'll try ECB since it seems better judging by its screenshots.

-kin