Best conversion tool?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Anon-E-Moose, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. Anon-E-Moose

    Anon-E-Moose Guest

    "Ready4Football" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I recently inherited a legacy Microsoft Access application. Most of
    > the time I write C# web apps, but rewriting this app from scratch
    > would be a lot of work. The Access app has over 80 forms and 50
    > reports. I doubt that any tool can completely convert from Access to
    > ASP.Net, but if there is an 80-90% solution it would really help. I've
    > googled the issue but I haven't found anything that looks very
    > promising. If anyone knows of a quality conversion tool I would really
    > appreciate it.

    I don't think there is an easy way, because the programming methodology for
    Access (VBA) and ASP.NET are very different.

    I would bite the bullet and rewrite it - or stick with Access.

    Anon-E-Moose, Apr 4, 2006

  2. I recently inherited a legacy Microsoft Access application. Most of the time
    I write C# web apps, but rewriting this app from scratch would be a lot of
    work. The Access app has over 80 forms and 50 reports. I doubt that any tool
    can completely convert from Access to ASP.Net, but if there is an 80-90%
    solution it would really help. I've googled the issue but I haven't found
    anything that looks very promising. If anyone knows of a quality conversion
    tool I would really appreciate it.

    P.S. Sorry about the crosspost, but as this post suggests I'm incredibly
    lazy.

    Ready4Football, May 5, 2006