Best Copy Protection Methods

Max

I'm trying to figure out the best way I can sell and deploy my web
application with copy protection. Any articles or insight on this subject?

I was thinking some sort of activation thru a web service on my server, or
possibly a call to it each month. I could also hardcode their domain name(s)
in the main DLL and send them the DLL.

But I want to make it passive enough so that if my server goes down or I
die in a big fire, all my client's stores don't go down, or become
unsupported.

Put the source code in my will? lol! Seriously!

-Max

Lostinet.Web Support

put these in to AssemblyInfo.cs

[assembly:System.Security.Permissions.SiteIdentityPermissionAttribute(
System.Security.Permissions.SecurityAction.RequestMinimum
,Site="yoursite.com"
)]

Joe

hmmmm, interesting - what exactly is the effect of doing this?

Joe

Max said:
I'm trying to figure out the best way I can sell and deploy my web
application with copy protection. Any articles or insight on this subject?

I was thinking some sort of activation thru a web service on my server, or
possibly a call to it each month. I could also hardcode their domain name(s)
in the main DLL and send them the DLL.

But I want to make it passive enough so that if my server goes down or I
die in a big fire, all my client's stores don't go down, or become
unsupported.

Put the source code in my will? lol! Seriously!

-Max

Max

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...siteidentitypermissionattributeclasstopic.asp

or lookup System.Security.Permissions.SiteIdentityPermissionAttribute on
Google

Nice thanks.