    seems to be the best? By best, I mean ease of use, file size and dynamic
    range of the menu.

    Thanks for ALL suggestions!
    Bob N., Jan 8, 2004

  2. Toby A Inkster, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Bob N.

    Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:21:48 +0000, Toby A Inkster
    <> wrote:
    >> I'm looking desperately for one to use for sites. Is there "just one" that
    >> seems to be the best?

    >Arguably the one at http://devedge.netscape.com/

    Yeah that one is nice in that it can even work without Javascript. The one
    negative about it, though, is that you cannot change the size of the text in
    IE.
    , Jan 8, 2004
  4. Bob N.

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:50:35 GMT, declared in
    alt.html:

    >>Arguably the one at http://devedge.netscape.com/

    > Yeah that one is nice in that it can even work without Javascript. The one
    > negative about it, though, is that you cannot change the size of the text in
    > IE.

    That's because their standard CSS file defines the font size in pixels.
    You could easily change that yourself. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Bob N.

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > Bob N. wrote:

    >> I'm looking desperately for one to use for sites. Is there "just
    >> one" that seems to be the best?

    > Arguably the one at http://devedge.netscape.com/

    Serious problems in IE5 with the netscape solution.
    The js in http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns seems to be a lot
    simpler. Of course you have to add a normal link to the top level in case js
    is disabled.
    Or do I overlook something? (I hope not because I'm about to implement the
    alistapart coding in a site :)
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Bob N.

    Robin Guest

    get dreamweaver, make ur own...
    -Robin

    Robin, Jan 9, 2004
  7. Bob N.

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 05:26:01 +0100, "Nico Schuyt" <>
    wrote:

    >Or do I overlook something? (I hope not because I'm about to implement the
    >alistapart coding in a site :)

    I hope you don't mind what it does in NN4.
    Bob, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Bob N.

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > Nico Schuyt wrote:

    >> Or do I overlook something? (I hope not because I'm about to
    >> implement the alistapart coding in a site :)

    > I hope you don't mind what it does in NN4.

    NN4-users are probably used to such screens :) You can solve it by
    suppressing CSS.
    The advantage of alistapart is that the js code is so small. I like that
    because every line of coding can (and will) give problems.
    Strange however, I applied the techniques of listapart (draft:
    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/cartal_test.htm) and it doesn't look too bad
    in NN4.
    Nico Schuyt, Jan 9, 2004