    etc.

    Thanks, CC.

    , Jun 29, 2007

  2. On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 06:48:50 -0700, wrote:

    >Subject: best Excel module

    use Excel::Best; # :)

    >several that might do what I need, such as Spreadsheet::WriteExcel,

    *Completely* unknowledgeable myself, but I seem to have seen mentioned
    that quite often.

    Michele

    Michele Dondi, Jun 29, 2007

  3. Bart Lateur Guest

    wrote:

    >I have just
    >looked at CPAN and discovered 149 modules for use with Excel

    Yet they fall into 2 core groups:

    1) Direct manipulation of Excel files, in pure Perl, using
    SpreadSheet::Write::Excel and SpreadSheet::parseExcel

    2) Manipulation of Excel through OLE, with Win32::OLE

    The other modules are just fluff on top of those.

    --
    Bart.

    Bart Lateur, Jul 2, 2007
  4. Dr.Ruud Guest

    Bart Lateur schreef:

    > Direct manipulation of Excel files, in pure Perl, using
    > SpreadSheet::Write::Excel and SpreadSheet::parseExcel

    I assume one needs to use both modules to be able to "change"
    or "update" an xls-file, like:
    SS::pE to read an existing xls-file, and
    SS::WE to create (and populate) a fresh xls-file.

    --
    Affijn, Ruud

    "Gewoon is een tijger."

    Dr.Ruud, Jul 2, 2007

    On Jul 2, 4:57 pm, "Dr.Ruud" <> wrote:
    > I assume one needs to use both modules to be able to "change"
    > or "update" an xls-file, like:
    > SS::pE to read an existing xls-file, and
    > SS::WE to create (and populate) a fresh xls-file.

    Many thanks, this has been helpful.

    Dr. Ruud, I swing only one way -- I only create the rubbish, the users
    collect.

    CC

    , Jul 3, 2007