    Thanks!
    - Braden Faulkner
    , Nov 8, 2010

  2. Seebs Guest

    On 2010-11-08, <> wrote:
    > I was wondering if there are any good exercises that you
    > would recommend learning?

    Yes.

    *Write something you want to use.*

    Nothing will teach you programming as fast as programming stuff you care
    about for the joy of having it. Exercises that you don't care about in
    their own right will not catch you the same way.

    If you write something you want to have, you will not stop when it
    happens to work, but will keep tweaking it and improving it so it does
    what you want. That will teach you more than *any* prefab exercise that
    has no particular significance to you.

    -s
    Seebs, Nov 9, 2010