    Even if not free, i'd like an extremely cheap software, not more than $50.

    TIA
    Paolo
    Pavlov, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Pavlov

    Paul White Guest

    "Pavlov" <> wrote in message
    news:Dla4b.5140$...
    > Hi all,
    > i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML visual

    editors.
    > I tried Sothink HTML editor but it does not handle CSS and it has some

    major
    > problems with image handling.
    > Even if not free, i'd like an extremely cheap software, not more than $50.

    I use UltraEdit. Its an enhanved Notepad editor that does HTML syntax
    highlighting.

    Do yourself a favour and avoid WYSIWYG editors like FrontPage, they add 90%
    more code to your pages than is necessary.
    Paul White, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Pavlov wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML visual editors.
    > I tried Sothink HTML editor but it does not handle CSS and it has some major
    > problems with image handling.
    > Even if not free, i'd like an extremely cheap software, not more than $50.
    >
    > TIA
    > Paolo

    The best one is the one you like the most. In my opinion HTML-Kit is the
    best: http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

    I have some others listed on my site if your interested. I suggest at
    least trying several out to compare. Each has their own strengths and
    weaknesses.
    http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/macunni/pages/linksfreesoftware.htm

    --

    Mark Cunningham
    http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/macunni/
    Mark Cunningham, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Pavlov

    kayodeok Guest

    kayodeok, Aug 31, 2003
  5. Pavlov

    picayunish Guest

    When Pavlov was making a web page, a :-? appears and wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML visual
    > editors. I tried Sothink HTML editor but it does not handle CSS and it
    > has some major problems with image handling.
    > Even if not free, i'd like an extremely cheap software, not more than
    > $50.

    Go for:
    http://www.html-faq.com/editor/?editors
    http://www.html-faq.com/editor/?wysiwyg
    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?HTML_editors

    suc6
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
    http://www.semi-conductors.nl/ PHP Redirect to semi-conductor.nl
    picayunish, Aug 31, 2003
  6. Pavlov

    Richard Guest

    Pavlov wrote:>>

    > Hi all,
    > i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML visual
    > editors. I tried Sothink HTML editor but it does not handle CSS and it
    > has some major problems with image handling.
    > Even if not free, i'd like an extremely cheap software, not more than
    > $50.

    > TIA
    > Paolo

    www.acehtml.com handles css quite well. similar to front page but without
    the embedded error producing crap.
    Also has quite a bit of help on how to with tags. Just try it out.
    Richard, Aug 31, 2003
  7. Pavlov

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Pavlov wrote:>>
    > > i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML visual
    > > editors

    > www.acehtml.com handles css quite well. similar to front page but
    > without the embedded error producing crap.

    Sounds good.
    (Before I download it :) Can AceHTML for example:
    - apply CSS styles from (multiple) internal or external stylesheets to
    selected text?
    - format a selected number of text lines as a list (and after that in
    definition list or normal paragraphs?
    - paste text from clipboard as plain paragraps?
    - add width and height properties to an imported image and change them on
    refresh when the source image has changed?
    - translate ASCII into HTML-characters?
    And does it have a good CSS editor, spell checker, multi level undo function
    and built in validator?
    Regards, Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Aug 31, 2003
  8. Pavlov

    Igor Slyusar Guest

    On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:23:15 GMT, Pavlov wrote:

    > i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML visual editors.

    For the last few years I use FAR manager with Colorer plugin installed.
    Colorer plugin highlights any code from HTML to C++. FAR is the best tool I
    know. It integrates file manager, editor and FTP client.

    FAR web site: http://www.rarsoft.com/far_manager.htm
    Colorer plugin: http://colorer.sourceforge.net

    If you're not newbie in coding and are looking for professional tool, then
    you'll surely like it.

    --
    Regards, Igor Slyusar.
    http://www.slyusar.com [01.09.2003 1:47:47]
    Igor Slyusar, Sep 1, 2003
  9. "Pavlov" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi all,
    > i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML visual

    editors.
    > I tried Sothink HTML editor but it does not handle CSS and it has some

    major
    > problems with image handling.
    > Even if not free, i'd like an extremely cheap software, not more than $50.

    I use Stone's WebWriter for handcoding and editing html:
    http://www.stoneware.dk/english/default.htm
    Its free for private use.
    Sure there are many other around, perhaps even better ones,
    but it works for me and that is what counts.

    --
    With regards,
    Samuël van Laere
    Samuël van Laere, Sep 1, 2003
  10. Pavlov

    jimPKP Guest

    FWIW, I use ConTEXT: http://fixedsys.com/context/

    --
    ---
    | jim | PKP |
    jimPKP, Sep 1, 2003
  11. On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:32:47 GMT, Paul White wrote:

    >I use UltraEdit.
    > Its an enhanved Notepad editor that does HTML syntax
    >highlighting.

    Come on, do words still have a meaning or what? I guess you call Open
    Office Writer and HTML-Kit 'enhanced Notepad editors' as well.
    UltraEdit is a fully fledged programmer's editor, but it's not free
    and therfore off topic in this thread.

    F.G.
    Freeware Gazette, Sep 2, 2003
  12. "kayodeok" <> wrote in
    > "Pavlov" <> wrote in
    >
    > > i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML
    > > visual editors. I tried Sothink HTML editor but it does not
    > > handle CSS and it has some major problems with image handling.
    > > Even if not free, i'd like an extremely cheap software, not more
    > > than $50.

    > EditPlus
    > http://www.editplus.com/
    >
    > --
    > Kayode Okeyode
    > http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm

    I think 1st Page 2000 is the best HTML editor ever!

    http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml

    --
    Janne
    Janne Raiskila, Sep 2, 2003
  13. Pavlov

    Richard B. Guest

    "Samuël van Laere" <> wrote on Mon, 01 Sep 2003
    11:00:01 GMT:

    > I use Stone's WebWriter for handcoding and editing html:
    > http://www.stoneware.dk/english/default.htm
    > Its free for private use.
    > Sure there are many other around, perhaps even better ones,
    > but it works for me and that is what counts.

    I like it too but it has a few quirks:

    - The postioning of the mouse pointer on right click menus is awkward
    so that one can activate menu choices accidentally
    - image right is image left and vice versa (not relevant when css is
    used)
    - tags are in capitals by default
    - a few other small things.
    - it begins to show its age (!). New version for HTML 4.01 and XHTML
    needed.

    Richard B.
    Richard B., Sep 2, 2003
  14. Pavlov

    Terry Guest

    Janne Raiskila wrote:
    > "kayodeok" <> wrote in
    >
    >>"Pavlov" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML
    >>>visual editors. I tried Sothink HTML editor but it does not
    >>>handle CSS and it has some major problems with image handling.
    >>>Even if not free, i'd like an extremely cheap software, not more
    >>>than $50.

    >>EditPlus
    >>http://www.editplus.com/
    >>
    >>--
    >>Kayode Okeyode
    >>http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm

    > I think 1st Page 2000 is the best HTML editor ever!
    >
    > http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml
    >
    > --
    > Janne

    Sure would like to try 1stpage, Janne, but I get a 404 from the dowload
    site!

    T.
    Terry, Sep 2, 2003
  15. Pavlov

    Headless Guest

    Terry wrote:

    >> I think 1st Page 2000 is the best HTML editor ever!
    >>
    >> http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml
    >>

    >Sure would like to try 1stpage, Janne, but I get a 404 from the dowload
    >site!

    It's no longer available for download from the evrsoft site, but others
    have put it up, Googling for it it took me just a few seconds to find
    it.

    Headless

    --
    Email and usenet filter list: http://www.headless.dna.ie/usenet.htm
    Headless, Sep 3, 2003
  16. Pavlov

    Terry Guest

    Headless wrote:

    > It's no longer available for download from the evrsoft site, but others
    > have put it up, Googling for it it took me just a few seconds to find
    > it.
    >

    > Headless

    Got it, thanx muchly
    Terry, Sep 3, 2003
  17. Pavlov

    Mr. Clean Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Terry wrote:
    >
    > >> I think 1st Page 2000 is the best HTML editor ever!
    > >>
    > >> http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml
    > >>

    > >Sure would like to try 1stpage, Janne, but I get a 404 from the dowload
    > >site!

    > It's no longer available for download from the evrsoft site, but others
    > have put it up, Googling for it it took me just a few seconds to find
    > it.

    I think Macromedia's attorneys contacted them about their interface being so
    "Homesite-like"...
    Mr. Clean, Sep 3, 2003
  18. Pavlov

    Headless Guest

    Mr. Clean wrote:

    >> >Sure would like to try 1stpage, Janne, but I get a 404 from the dowload
    >> >site!

    >> It's no longer available for download from the evrsoft site, but others
    >> have put it up, Googling for it it took me just a few seconds to find
    >> it.

    >I think Macromedia's attorneys contacted them about their interface being so
    >"Homesite-like"...

    I'm assuming that evrsoft wanted to save bandwidth costs. Interests in
    HTML editors seems to have evaporated, development of the vast majority
    of them has stopped.

    One thing 1st page 200 unfortunately hasn't managed to copy from
    Homesite is it's extended search & replace function, I couldn't work
    without it. XHTML support is also non existent in 1st page 2000.

    Headless

    --
    Email and usenet filter list: http://www.headless.dna.ie/usenet.htm
    Headless, Sep 4, 2003
  19. Pavlov

    Chris T. Guest

    Headless <> wrote on Thu, 04 Sep 2003 00:42:28 +0100:

    > One thing 1st page 2000 unfortunately hasn't managed to copy from
    > Homesite is it's extended search & replace function, I couldn't work
    > without it. XHTML support is also non existent in 1st page 2000.

    It shows its age. They have been announcing version 3 for about two
    years now but I don't think we'll ever see it.

    Chris
    Chris T., Sep 6, 2003