    Cheers.

    --
    Jeffrey Spoon

    Jeffrey Spoon, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Jeffrey Spoon

    asaguden Guest

    - netbeans.org/sun one studio

    - eclipse

    Good luck.

    asaguden, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Jeffrey Spoon

    Wald Guest

    (asaguden) wrote:

    > - netbeans.org/sun one studio
    >
    > - eclipse

    +1 for eclipse, never worked with the others.

    Wald

    Wald, Apr 16, 2004
  4. - eclipse (www.eclipse.org)
    - IntelliJ IDEA (http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/)

    Both are great IDEs. In my oppinion actually the best ones.

    Georgy Pavlov, Apr 16, 2004
  5. Jeffrey Spoon

    Josef Garvi Guest

    Wald wrote:

    > (asaguden) wrote:
    >

    >>- netbeans.org/sun one studio
    >>
    >>- eclipse

    Eclipse is very good, but if you don't have too much memory in your
    machine, you may want to look for something more light-weight (and netbeans
    is also good, and heavyweight)

    --
    Josef Garvi

    "Reversing desertification through drought tolerant trees"
    http://www.eden-foundation.org/

    new income - better environment - more food - less poverty

    Josef Garvi, Apr 16, 2004
  6. Jeffrey Spoon

    Wald Guest

    Josef Garvi <> wrote:

    > Wald wrote:
    >
    >> (asaguden) wrote:
    >>

    >>>- netbeans.org/sun one studio
    >>>
    >>>- eclipse

    > Eclipse is very good, but if you don't have too much memory in
    > your machine, you may want to look for something more
    > light-weight (and netbeans is also good, and heavyweight)

    True. I've worked with Eclipse on a 256MB machine and I must admit,
    an upgrade to 512MB was a relief. But then again, I think every IDE
    nowadays requires a reasonably powerful machine to run decently.

    Greetz,
    Wald

    Wald, Apr 16, 2004
  7. In message <Xns94CD77ECF3564arnoutstandaertagrku@134.58.127.12>, Wald
    <> writes
    >Josef Garvi <> wrote:
    >
    >> Wald wrote:

    >> Eclipse is very good, but if you don't have too much memory in
    >> your machine, you may want to look for something more
    >> light-weight (and netbeans is also good, and heavyweight)

    >True. I've worked with Eclipse on a 256MB machine and I must admit,
    >an upgrade to 512MB was a relief. But then again, I think every IDE
    >nowadays requires a reasonably powerful machine to run decently.
    >
    >Greetz,
    >Wald

    That's ok, I have 512MB. I actually posted to comp.lang.java.help about
    my specific program (Shunting algorithm thread) but looks like I'll have
    to figure out myself (although I'm probably just being impatient as
    usual). I was a bit fed up of tracing it using printouts manually so
    this should help. I'll have a look at Eclipse. I didn't realise Netbeans
    was free either, I might as well have a look at that too.

    Thanks everyone.

    --
    Jeffrey Spoon

    Jeffrey Spoon, Apr 16, 2004
  8. Jeffrey Spoon

    Josef Garvi Guest

    Jeffrey Spoon wrote:

    > this should help. I'll have a look at Eclipse. I didn't realise Netbeans
    > was free either, I might as well have a look at that too.

    The latest 3.6 version has a nice feature. It will show JavaDoc comments
    about a method as you highlight it in the auto-completion list, giving you
    better insight into what you are calling.

    Josef Garvi, Apr 16, 2004
  9. Stanimir Stamenkov, Apr 16, 2004
  10. Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

    > /Georgy Pavlov/:
    >
    >> - eclipse (www.eclipse.org)
    >> - IntelliJ IDEA (http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/)
    >>
    >> Both are great IDEs. In my oppinion actually the best ones.

    > Is "ItelliJ IDEA" _free_ ?

    When one of the first links on the page says: "Buy Idea", what do you think?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren

    Christophe Vanfleteren, Apr 16, 2004
  11. Jeffrey Spoon

    Josef Garvi Guest

    Christophe Vanfleteren wrote:

    >>Is "ItelliJ IDEA" _free_ ?

    > When one of the first links on the page says: "Buy Idea", what do you think?

    Free as in "free spending"? :)

    Josef Garvi, Apr 16, 2004
  12. /Christophe Vanfleteren/:

    > Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
    >
    >> Is "ItelliJ IDEA" _free_ ?

    > When one of the first links on the page says: "Buy Idea", what do you think?

    Yeah, that was a rhetorical question, if I haven't made it clear.

    --
    Stanimir

    Stanimir Stamenkov, Apr 16, 2004
  13. Jeffrey Spoon

    Phillip Lord Guest

    Stanimir> /Christophe Vanfleteren/:

    >> Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is "ItelliJ IDEA" _free_ ?

    >> When one of the first links on the page says: "Buy Idea", what do
    >> you think?

    Stanimir> Yeah, that was a rhetorical question, if I haven't made it
    Stanimir> clear.

    Do you think using rhetorical questions on the usenet is sensible? Is
    it possible that you will come to regret doing so?

    Phil

    Phillip Lord, Apr 16, 2004
  14. In message <c5omil$474c7$-berlin.de>, Josef Garvi
    <> writes
    >Jeffrey Spoon wrote:
    >
    >> this should help. I'll have a look at Eclipse. I didn't realise
    >>Netbeans was free either, I might as well have a look at that too.

    >The latest 3.6 version has a nice feature. It will show JavaDoc
    >comments about a method as you highlight it in the auto-completion
    >list, giving you better insight into what you are calling.

    I grabbed 3.08M. It's excellent, much better. Nice Gui too. Managed to
    step through my code and realise where the problem was. Now I've just
    got to fix it...

    --
    Jeffrey Spoon

    Jeffrey Spoon, Apr 16, 2004