best free Perl editor for Windows?

John Bokma

PHP2 said:
what is best free Perl editor for Windows?

Textpad, is "free", ie, it doesn´t limit functions when you use it
without paying for it. But I recommend registering for it, it´s cheap.
(http://www.textpad.com/ ), It has syntaxhighlighting for Perl (you only
have to add a document class), and I love the tabbed editing (you can
switch with little tabs on top between windows).

Other editors, NEdit (bit clumsy to use on Windows), Emacs, vim.

And no, I am not recommending Notepad, since that program is a joke :-D.

Stephen Patterson

Text editor which is convenient for editing perl scripts.

Alternatively ISTR someone mentioning an editor written in perl a
month or 2 ago.