  1. PHP2

    PHP2 Guest

    what is best free Perl editor for Windows?
    PHP2, Apr 3, 2004

  2. PHP2

    John Bokma Guest

    PHP2 wrote:

    > what is best free Perl editor for Windows?

    Textpad, is "free", ie, it doesn´t limit functions when you use it
    without paying for it. But I recommend registering for it, it´s cheap.
    (http://www.textpad.com/ ), It has syntaxhighlighting for Perl (you only
    have to add a document class), and I love the tabbed editing (you can
    switch with little tabs on top between windows).

    Other editors, NEdit (bit clumsy to use on Windows), Emacs, vim.

    And no, I am not recommending Notepad, since that program is a joke :-D.

    --
    John personal page: http://johnbokma.com/

    Freelance Perl / Java developer available - http://castleamber.com/
    John Bokma, Apr 3, 2004

  3. PHP2

    J. Gleixner Guest

    PHP2 wrote:
    > what is best free Perl editor for Windows?

    RTFFAQ

    perldoc -q "Is there an IDE or Windows Perl Editor"
    J. Gleixner, Apr 3, 2004
  4. PHP2

    L D Jones Guest

    PHP2 wrote:

    > what is best free Perl editor for Windows?

    What's a Perl editor?
    L D Jones, Apr 3, 2004
  5. PHP2

    Matija Papec Guest

    L D Jones <> wrote:
    >PHP2 wrote:
    >>
    >> what is best free Perl editor for Windows?

    >What's a Perl editor?

    Text editor which is convenient for editing perl scripts.

    --
    Matija
    Matija Papec, Apr 3, 2004
  6. On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 10:43:11 +0200, Matija Papec wrote:

    > L D Jones <> wrote:
    >>PHP2 wrote:
    >>>
    >>> what is best free Perl editor for Windows?

    >>What's a Perl editor?

    > Text editor which is convenient for editing perl scripts.

    Alternatively ISTR someone mentioning an editor written in perl a
    month or 2 ago.

    --
    Stephen Patterson http://patter.mine.nu/
    steveSPAM@.patter.mine.nu remove SPAM to reply