    to store additional packages on the flash drive and call them in some
    portable way, this would work too.

    -deech
    deech, Mar 24, 2009

  2. deech

    Stef Mientki Guest

    deech wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am making a cross-platform frontend to a sqlite3 database. Which
    > python GUI toolkit has the best table support? Tkinter doesn't seem to
    > support them (without additional package installation).
    >
    > The issue is that the application must run off a flash drive with a
    > vanilla Python install on both Windows and Linux. Or if there is a way
    > to store additional packages on the flash drive and call them in some
    > portable way, this would work too.
    >
    > -deech

    this one is build upon wxPython:

    http://mientki.ruhosting.nl/data_www/pylab_works/pw_sqllite.html

    cheers,
    Stef
    Stef Mientki, Mar 24, 2009

  3. deech wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am making a cross-platform frontend to a sqlite3 database. Which
    > python GUI toolkit has the best table support? Tkinter doesn't seem to
    > support them (without additional package installation).
    >
    > The issue is that the application must run off a flash drive with a
    > vanilla Python install on both Windows and Linux. Or if there is a way
    > to store additional packages on the flash drive and call them in some
    > portable way, this would work too.

    If you don't need custom sqlite functionality, you could use an existing
    sqlite manager app, such as SQLiteManager, which runs cross-platform as
    a Firefox extension, or can use XULRunner as a standalone (so it could
    run off a flash drive):
    http://code.google.com/p/sqlite-manager/wiki/ScreenShots

    Cheers,
    Todd