    IDE for Python for a newbie? I have experience in C++ and Java and this
    is the first time I am learning a scripting language.
    Thanks in advance

    Saurabh Sardeshpande, May 5, 2006

  2. Saurabh Sardeshpande

    Guest

    >> Pardon if . . . already discussed

    Here is a link searching comp.lang.python for "best ide"

    http://tinyurl.com/qqtaf

    , May 5, 2006

  3. >> Pardon if . . . already discussed

    Here is a link searching comp.lang.python for "best ide"

    http://tinyurl.com/qqtaf

    rick

    BartlebyScrivener, May 5, 2006
  4. On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 04:50:11PM +0100, Doug Bromley wrote:
    > I have a Python IDE review I did a few months back you may want to view:
    > http://www.straw-dogs.co.uk/blog/python-ide-review

    Sounds interesting. Could you fix the screenshots? I just get a 404 here.

    Kindly
    Christoph

    P.S.: [Rant about TOFU posting suppressed.]

    Christoph Haas, May 5, 2006
  5. BartlebyScrivener, May 5, 2006
  6. Saurabh Sardeshpande

    mystilleef Guest

    mystilleef, May 6, 2006
  7. Saurabh Sardeshpande wrote:
    > Pardon if this is already discussed extensively. But what is the best
    > IDE for Python for a newbie? I have experience in C++ and Java and this
    > is the first time I am learning a scripting language.
    > Thanks in advance

    Try all the you find!
    However on linux I find eric3(4) very useful.

    Bye,
    Michele

    Michele Petrazzo, May 6, 2006