Best IDE for ruby and rails development

AJay Maurya

Hi All

Could anyone tell me which is best IDE for ruby and rails development.
at least we can know features of IDEs that other ruby people are using

cheers

Jeet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is only people of small moral stature who have to stand on their
dignity.

Arthur Murauskas

Hi All

Could anyone tell me which is best IDE for ruby and rails development.
at least we can know features of IDEs that other ruby people are using

http://aptana.com or eclipse with aptana and rad rails plugins.

Best regards,
Arthur Murauskas.

Mohit Sindhwani

AJay said:
Hi All

Could anyone tell me which is best IDE for ruby and rails development.
at least we can know features of IDEs that other ruby people are using

cheers

Jeet

Increasingly, I'm using NetBeans for Ruby and RoR. On the other hand,
for Windows apps using Ruby, I'm using WideStudio (it supports a lot of
other platforms too).

dima

Increasingly, I'm using NetBeans for Ruby and RoR. On the other hand,
for Windows apps using Ruby, I'm using WideStudio (it supports a lot of
other platforms too).

As said so many times Aptana and eclipse on XP and Linux.

AJay Maurya

I am still confused which IDE to choose among freeride, aptana,
radrails ,netbeans which is most feature rich ?

http://aptana.com or eclipse with aptana and rad rails plugins.

Best regards,
Arthur Murauskas.
Cheers
Jeet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which failed
to start because of the following error: The operation completed
successfully. -- Windows NT Server v3.51

AJay Maurya

I am still confused which IDE to choose among freeride, aptana,
radrails ,netbeans which is most feature rich ?

http://aptana.com or eclipse with aptana and rad rails plugins.

Best regards,
Arthur Murauskas.
Cheers
Jeet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which failed
to start because of the following error: The operation completed
successfully. -- Windows NT Server v3.51

Mohit Sindhwani

IDEs are personal. You can use anything that works for you. I'd
recommend trying out a couple. For the longest time, i was just using a
text editor with syntax highlighting for Ruby.

Cheers,
Mohit.
9/4/2007 | 5:59 PM.

Phil