    What is the best text editor for writing Java code which is simple to
    configure and includes the ability to compile and run your program from
    within the editor?
    Pete, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Pete

    Guest

    > What is the best text editor for writing Java code which is simple
    > to configure and includes the ability to compile and run your program
    > from within the editor?

    JCreator.
    , Feb 15, 2005

  3. Pete

    stanberka Guest

    jEdit. I used to use NetBeans which is not bad at all. Since I've
    found jEdit, I slowly but surely migrated somehow into jEdit. Much
    lighter, easier configurable, more transparent, faster.

    If you decide to try it, make sure to install these plugins:
    ProjectViewer, AntFarm, JBrowse. There are many more, but these will
    give you the simplest way to develop, compile and test.
    stanberka, Feb 15, 2005
  4. Pete wrote:

    > What is the best text editor for writing Java code which is
    > simple to configure and includes the ability to compile and
    > run your program from within the editor?

    If you develop on the Windows platform Zeus for Windows comes
    with support for Java:

    http://www.zeusedit.com/lookmain.html

    NOTE: Zeus is shareware, but the shareware version runs fully
    functional for 60 days.

    Jussi Jumppanen
    Author of: Zeus for Windows (New version 3.94 out now)
    "The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's editor"
    Home Page: http://www.zeusedit.com
    Jussi Jumppanen, Feb 16, 2005
  5. Pete

    lookfde Guest