    soap. Are there other options?

    Just curious for some opinions.

    Thanks.

    Butternut Squash, Sep 8, 2006

  2. Butternut Squash wrote:
    > What do you guys recommend for doing middle tier in python.
    > I want to hide the database from the application

    Why ?

    --
    bruno desthuilliers
    p in ''.split('@')])"

    Bruno Desthuilliers, Sep 8, 2006

  3. 2006/9/7, Butternut Squash <>:
    > right now we are using c# and .net remoting in a way that just is not
    > efficient.
    >
    > I want to rewrite a lot of what we do in python. I have seen XML-RPC and
    > soap. Are there other options?

    It surely depends on what's going to be on the other sides. If
    everything is Python, you may use Twisted.Spread. If you have to
    communicate with different languages and plataforms, maybe CORBA
    helps. Well, I'm sure a lot of people know more options than I do
    here.

    --
    Felipe.

    Felipe Almeida Lessa, Sep 8, 2006
  4. On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 03:59:46 +0200, Butternut Squash wrote
    (in article <m84Mg.75899$>):

    > I have seen XML-RPC and
    > soap. Are there other options?

    OmniORBpy

    Sincerely,

    Wolfgang Keller

    --
    My email-address is correct.
    Do NOT remove ".nospam" to reply.

    Wolfgang Keller, Sep 8, 2006
  5. Felipe Almeida Lessa wrote:

    > 2006/9/7, Butternut Squash <>:
    >> right now we are using c# and .net remoting in a way that just is not
    >> efficient.
    >>
    >> I want to rewrite a lot of what we do in python. I have seen XML-RPC and
    >> soap. Are there other options?

    > It surely depends on what's going to be on the other sides. If
    > everything is Python, you may use Twisted.Spread. If you have to
    > communicate with different languages and plataforms, maybe CORBA
    > helps. Well, I'm sure a lot of people know more options than I do
    > here.

    I have to support multiple applications using different schema and
    databases. Would like to present as much as a unified interface as
    possible.

    Butternut Squash, Sep 9, 2006
  6. 2006/9/8, Butternut Squash <>:
    > I have to support multiple applications using different schema and
    > databases. Would like to present as much as a unified interface as
    > possible.

    I'd recomend CORBA as it supports multiple platforms and languages.
    SOAP and XML-RPC can be used as well, but I'm afraid performance can
    be a problem if a lot of calls are made or big/complex objects are
    transfered.

    --
    Felipe.

    Felipe Almeida Lessa, Sep 9, 2006