Best practice approach to caching dropdown values

oj

Could anyone provide some approaches that are used to cache dropdown
list control values to share globally beteween all users? Currently,
each time a page is loaded all the dropdown values for each dropdown
list control are retrieved from the database. I would like to go away
from this approach. Any info. is appreciated.

Joe Fallon

Create a data container to hold the data.
A Dataset, a BusinessObject Class, an Arraylist, etc.

Then store the container in cache.
Expire the cache every X minutes and re-load it from DB.

There is a way to use DB cacheinvalidation in ASP.Net 1.1 but it is tricky.
Just get it working first.