    System.Web.Profile object. Unfortunately, .NET does not create the
    infrastructure for Profiles in a Web Application, only in Web Site projects.
    Is there a best practice for utilizing profiles in a Web Application?

    charlisa, Oct 16, 2008

  2. charlisa wrote:
    > We are developing a Web Application in which we would like to utilize
    > the System.Web.Profile object. Unfortunately, .NET does not create
    > the infrastructure for Profiles in a Web Application, only in Web
    > Site projects. Is there a best practice for utilizing profiles in a
    > Web Application?

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
    lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
    question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
    group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Go to www.asp.net in any case and look for the Application Blocks to see
    what MS considers "best practices"

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007