Best practices for deploying many web services on IIS ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by kingski, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. kingski

    kingski Guest

    What are the best practices to deploy on production server 10 web services?

    a. As creating one virtual directory "webservices" and 10 directories under
    that for every one of the web services. So access will be:

    http:\\www.nameserver.com\webservices\ws1\ws1.asmx

    http:\\www.nameserver.com\webservices\ws2\ws2.asmx

    ..

    http:\\www.nameserver.com\webservices\ws3\ws10.asmx

    b. As creating virtual directory for every of the web service that we have.
    So access will be

    http:\\www.nameserver.com\ws1\ws1.asmx

    http:\\www.nameserver.com\ws2\ws2.asmx

    ..

    http:\\www.nameserver.com\ws3\ws10.asmx

    kingski, Apr 13, 2005

  2. kingski

    Kevin Yu Guest

    if all asmx service is doing different thing, then you can just put then in
    one virtual directory.

    now there are difference in IIS 5 and IIS 6, since you can run IIS app is
    isolation mode in IIS 6
    check it out.

    Kevin

    Kevin Yu, Apr 15, 2005

  3. kingski

    Keith Elder Guest

    I usually organize my web services based on the namespaces. It is
    easier to remember where you put things, and if you name the namespaces
    right then it will make sense to other developers.

    Keith Elder, Apr 17, 2005