Best Practices Question #3

Support

Hello:
I am deploying a new asp.net web site on IIS.
QUESTION #3:
I want to encrypt my database connection strings... in the past I have
encrypted them in web.config file but that is not a great solution because
if I have many applications and I have to switch to a database different
server for some reason, I now need to change all the encrypted string.
I am looking for a more centralized solution - that does not require using
the registry (for io performance reasons)
Is there, can there be a central web.config to the web site that becomes
accessible by all the other aspx applications..
Thanks
Terry

tdavisjr

..NET 2.0 comes now with a global web.config wich can be found in the
same place where your machine.config lives. You can place global
settings in that file. It should do the trick.