  1. Nocturnal

    Nocturnal Guest

    What's the best website to learn CSS?

    Nocturnal, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Nocturnal

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Nocturnal wrote:

    > What's the best website to learn CSS?

    Probably quite a difficult question to answer. Most of us here have only
    *learnt* CSS once, so it's difficult to compare learning experiences.

    Anyway, I learnt from here:
    http://www.westciv.com/style_master/academy/css_tutorial/

    Note: that tutorial (and most) tells you what you *can* do and *how* you
    can do it. It doesn't tell you what you *should* do.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Mar 29, 2005

  3. in alt.html, Toby Inkster wrote:
    > Nocturnal wrote:
    >
    > > What's the best website to learn CSS?

    > Most of us here have only
    > *learnt* CSS once, so it's difficult to compare learning experiences.

    Yes. And different persons learn very differently. And what is useful to
    learn at first has evolved...

    > Anyway, I learnt from here:
    > http://www.westciv.com/style_master/academy/css_tutorial/

    I learned from this website:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/

    And, from this and comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets newsgroups
    of course.

    Now, would use
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/

    Of course, you really need to do some work to understand thise things.
    But when you learn from spec, there is no intermidiate layer to
    complicate.

    > Note: that tutorial (and most) tells you what you *can* do and *how* you
    > can do it. It doesn't tell you what you *should* do.

    Newsgroups are very good to read for that...

    Utrecht, NL.

    Lauri Raittila, Mar 29, 2005
  4. Not a site, but the O'Reilly book 'Cascading stylesheets' by Eric Meyer is
    great, it's certainly saved me a few headaches. There's a second edition
    covering css 2.1 now.

    Regards,
    Duncan

    Duncan Greenhill, Mar 29, 2005
  5. Nocturnal

    Adrienne Guest

    Adrienne, Mar 29, 2005
  6. Nocturnal

    Fat Bloke Guest

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:15:27 GMT, Adrienne <> wrote:

    >Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Nocturnal"
    ><> writing in news:%Q52e.431$e06.50
    >@twister.socal.rr.com:
    >
    >> What's the best website to learn CSS?
    >>

    >I learned from http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css

    I bought the Meyer book and found it unfriendly.

    I now have "HTML Utopia: Designing Without Tables Using CSS" by Dan Shafer
    and it has a one-to-one, sitting-in-the-same-room, feel.
    ISBN 0-9579218-2-9

    This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there.
    Pull the pins out to reply direct.

    Fat Bloke, Mar 29, 2005
  7. Nocturnal

    Mark Parnell Guest