    Thank you
    Cheers
    Ted
    Maflu, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Hywel Jenkins, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > http://software.xfx.net/

    FWIW, the menus on their site are broken. Until the background image
    loads, you see black text on a dark blue background; virtually unreadable.
    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 22, 2003
  4. In article <4PJFb.19$>,
    says...
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > > http://software.xfx.net/

    > FWIW, the menus on their site are broken. Until the background image
    > loads, you see black text on a dark blue background; virtually unreadable.

    Indeed, they are virtually unreadable for all of 0.5 seconds while the
    image loads. Besides, the OP asked for the best.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Maflu

    Steve R. Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote in message ...
    > Indeed, they are virtually unreadable for all of 0.5 seconds while the
    > image loads.

    Unreadable for a L O N G time if you're on dial-up :~(
    Steve R., Dec 23, 2003
  6. In article <meUFb.4206$>,
    says...
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote in message ...
    > > Indeed, they are virtually unreadable for all of 0.5 seconds while the
    > > image loads.

    > Unreadable for a L O N G time if you're on dial-up :~(

    I was on dial-up when I tried. Besides, I don't see the relevance of
    how long the menus at the DMB site take to load - if you're concerned
    about people on dial-up don't set a background image that must be there
    before the text can be read - hell! Don't even set a background image.

    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 23, 2003
  7. Steve R. wrote:

    > Hywel Jenkins wrote in message ...
    >> Indeed, they are virtually unreadable for all of 0.5 seconds while the
    >> image loads.

    > Unreadable for a L O N G time if you're on dial-up :~(

    For even longer if you have images turned off.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Dec 23, 2003
  8. Richard Clark, Dec 26, 2003