Best solution for embedding EJB3 persistence

Discussion in 'Java' started by Michelone, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. Michelone

    Michelone Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I'd like to use EJB3 persistence in my standalone applications and
    webapps without using an appserver.

    So I'm looking at different solutions:

    - glassfish implementation: I got it working with a few libraries, but I
    needed to use a provider from Oracle (I'm not sure I'm doing everything
    correclty :p)

    - hibernate: I downloaded the EntityManager wrapper with annotations and
    Hibernate core. Of course it works, but it needs really *too much*
    libraries! I can't deliver my 50KB swing application with 30MB of libraries!

    - JBoss embedded: fro their website it seems to me the best promising
    solution: all-in-one, just(!) 13MB of libraries (but I must check if all
    of them are mandatory :p). But it's still ALPHA and from their site I
    see very few people have already downloaded it.

    Is anybody trying to do the same? Any better solution?

    Thanks
    M.
    Michelone, Feb 1, 2006