Best Technique

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Heavey, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Jim Heavey

    Jim Heavey Guest

    I am wanting to create a data screen using the datagrid.
    Perhaps the datagrid is not the best choice for this
    particular project, but I and wanting to try to use the
    datagrid so I can learn how to use the datagrid for
    editing data rather then just displaying it.

    Suppose my entry needs are as follows:

    Title Movie Rating Movie Category

    There is a table which has the list of valid ratings and
    a table which has the list of valid Movie Categories. I
    am guessing that I want to use a DropDown List for both
    Movie Rating and Movie Category. I could create a table
    which combines both Movie Rating and Movie Category into
    a single table such that I could bind each of the
    DropdownList to the same datasource, but There might be 5
    ratings and 10 categories, so I don't thing this would be
    desirable.

    Can I use one of the data grid events and bind each
    DropdownList to it's particular table? Is that a way I
    can get around the "single datasource" for a datagrid
    restriction?

    Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

    Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!

    Jim Heavey, Nov 11, 2003