    easy to read text, looking well on most monitors in different screen
    resolutions.

    TIA
    Henry, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Henry wrote:
    > I'm wondering, what would be the best, most easy to read marking of tekst.

    By "text", do you by any chance mean "font"?

    It doesn't much matter, since you're stuck with the fonts that are
    actually on your users' systems.

    Harlan Messinger, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Henry

    Henry Guest

    Harlan Messinger wrote:
    > Henry wrote:
    >> I'm wondering, what would be the best, most easy to read marking of
    >> tekst.

    > By "text", do you by any chance mean "font"?

    Yes... some fonts are easier to read, spacing is important, font hight etc.

    Thanks
    Henry, Nov 7, 2006
  4. Henry

    Vince Morgan Guest

    "Henry" <> wrote in message
    > I'm wondering, what would be the best, most easy to read marking of tekst.
    >
    > Not someone's personal liking but well researched standard, known as
    > easy to read text, looking well on most monitors in different screen
    > resolutions.
    >
    > TIA

    The following URL would be worth your reading I think Henry.
    http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=838731
    HTH
    Vince Morgan
    Vince Morgan, Nov 7, 2006
  5. Henry

    Bergamot Guest

    Bergamot, Nov 7, 2006
  6. Bergamot wrote:

    > Vince Morgan wrote:
    >>
    >> The following URL would be worth your reading I think Henry.
    >> http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=838731

    > That article is more than 5 years old. A lot can happen in that time.

    Do you think Times New Roman has become more legible or better looking
    in the last five years? And in those years, people's eyesight is
    probably still at the same average level as then.

    9pt text is still too small. ;-)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 7, 2006
  7. Henry

    Bergamot Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Bergamot wrote:
    >
    >> That article is more than 5 years old. A lot can happen in that time.

    > Do you think Times New Roman has become more legible or better looking
    > in the last five years?

    TNR will never be good looking :)

    However, hardware has improved much in the past few years. I've heard a
    lot of people preferring serif over sans serif fonts now because the
    display devices are better. Serif fonts are more legible than they once
    were. At least for desktops, anyway.

    > 9pt text is still too small. ;-)

    And will always be so. :)

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Nov 7, 2006
  8. Henry

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Harlan Messinger <> wrote:

    > Henry wrote:
    > > I'm wondering, what would be the best, most easy to read marking of tekst.

    > By "text", do you by any chance mean "font"?
    >
    > It doesn't much matter, since you're stuck with the fonts that are
    > actually on your users' systems.

    Surely this is a non sequitor? It does not follow that it does
    not matter because you have to choose without perfect knowledge.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 7, 2006
  9. Henry

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <m354h.29150$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > Bergamot wrote:
    >
    > > Vince Morgan wrote:
    > >>
    > >> The following URL would be worth your reading I think Henry.
    > >> http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=838731

    > > That article is more than 5 years old. A lot can happen in that time.

    > Do you think Times New Roman has become more legible or better looking
    > in the last five years? And in those years, people's eyesight is
    > probably still at the same average level as then.
    >
    > 9pt text is still too small. ;-)

    The idea of serif fonts is to increase legibility at small sizes.
    At least this seems to work out in practice in print mediums,
    where crucially, the only resource for enlargement is to fossick
    around for a magnifying glass (and then people think you are
    Sherlock Holmes and start pestering you). But screens and pixel
    formations and resolutions throw in other factors (like do the
    serifs "show themselves" as well) as does the fact that some
    people will see the text at sufficiently big sizes that it is not
    needed, even ugly, to see in serif.

    In other words it is a complicated business. Just use Arial and
    let's all shurrup...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 7, 2006
  10. Henry

    Henry Guest

    Henry, Nov 8, 2006
  11. Henry

    Vince Morgan Guest

    "Henry" <> wrote in message
    > Many thanks... found nice web page!
    >
    > http://typetester.maratz.com/
    >

    > ;)

    Thanks Henry, that page is something I wish I'd found long ago!
    Vince Morgan
    Vince Morgan, Nov 8, 2006