Best Unit Testing framework for Linux system administration scripting?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bryan Berry, Oct 27, 2008.

  1. Bryan Berry

    Bryan Berry Guest

    I manage a team of 5 linux sysadmins and I am trying to transition us
    from lengthy, mostly unreadable shell scripts to python scripting. After
    a few tutorials, I have been infected with the unit testing bug.

    Our scripts create custom versions of Fedora Core, build and deploy web
    software, and test servers post-installation for proper configuration.

    Friends in the python community, which unit testing frameworks do you
    recommend for these purposes? I have looked at unittest and py.test so
    far and prefer py.test after a cursory examination.

    Also, can anyone point to me tutorials, resources on using unit testing
    in system administration?

    thanks,

    --
    Bryan W. Berry