    Thanks
    Olav

    , May 29, 2005

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 29 mei 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > I am a .NET developer, but "have to" work with some classic ASP, which
    > I don't know much about.
    >
    > What is the best way to work with it

    Learn, learn, learn.

    > /debug it?

    Debugging what you don't understand is not reasonable.

    > I have VS 2003 and 2005 installed, I know VS 6 (with C++), but don't
    > know if I can reinstall it.

    Visual basic cannot be used, that is a compiler language, and ASP uses
    script.

    Don't confuse ASP with VBscript, using J[ava]script is also a good option.

    > Other options I know about are Macromedia trial versions.

    I would certainly not start with that.

    If you know the difference between serverside and clientside coding,
    the rest is relativly simple.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., May 29, 2005

  3. Griff Guest

    You can debug classic ASP in VS2003.

    In the project properties, go to Configuration Properties and select
    Debugging.

    deselect:
    ASP.NET debugging

    select