Best way for this layout of products

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by PokerMan, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. PokerMan

    PokerMan Guest

    Hi

    I want to lay out a product list but not in a standards list format.

    So i want it as so (sorry for the crudeness):

    BIG pic here | title here
    | -----------------------
    | prod1 | prod2
    prod3 | prod4 | prod5 | prod6

    Due to the big pic it breaks up the typcial grid format. Is there any set
    control that using the alternatingitem i can make the above layout?

    Or do i have to create the html on the fly for each page and page it myself?
    Doing a data set retrieval and placing the first 6, then next 6 products etc
    would be a solution that i can do but its messy. Before doing that i'd
    rather see if there is some way of using standard controls to achieve a non
    uniform layout as above

    Thanks

    PokerMan, Mar 12, 2007

  2. On Mar 12, 7:10 pm, "PokerMan" <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to lay out a product list but not in a standards list format.
    >
    > So i want it as so (sorry for the crudeness):

    > BIG pic here | title here
    > | -----------------------
    > | prod1 | prod2
    > prod3 | prod4 | prod5 | prod6
    >
    > Due to the big pic it breaks up the typcial grid format. Is there any set
    > control that using the alternatingitem i can make the above layout?
    >
    > Or do i have to create the html on the fly for each page and page it myself?
    > Doing a data set retrieval and placing the first 6, then next 6 products etc
    > would be a solution that i can do but its messy. Before doing that i'd
    > rather see if there is some way of using standard controls to achieve a non
    > uniform layout as above
    >
    > Thanks

    Design a table and put Image and Label Controls there...

    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 12, 2007