    Should I just use Espana or España ?
    Also, what is the name of the squiggle above the n ?
    TIA.

    T.J., Feb 7, 2004

  2. T.J.

    Els Guest

    T.J. wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am putting a link to a Spanish site, mainly to help
    > there search engine optimisation.
    > It needs to contain España in the anchor text.
    > What is the best way to do this? (for optimisation
    > rather than the correct way)
    > Should I just use Espana or España ?

    España or España or Espana.. I don't think it
    matters, actually. (for optimisation)

    > Also, what is the name of the squiggle above the n ?
    > TIA.

    tilde

    --
    Els

    Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.

    Els, Feb 7, 2004

  3. T.J.

    T.J. Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > T.J. wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I am putting a link to a Spanish site, mainly to help
    > > there search engine optimisation.
    > > It needs to contain España in the anchor text.
    > > What is the best way to do this? (for optimisation
    > > rather than the correct way)
    > > Should I just use Espana or España ?

    > España or Espa&ntilde;a or Espana.. I don't think it
    > matters, actually. (for optimisation)
    >
    > > Also, what is the name of the squiggle above the n ?
    > > TIA.

    > tilde

    Thanks for the reply.
    I tried experimenting on Google
    searching for España gives the same results as searching
    for España with nearly 14 million pages
    Searching for Espana gives nearly 2 million pages,
    and searching for Espa&ntilde;a gives under 7,000 pages
    Looks like the best way would be to include
    España as the main link and Espana as a secondary link
    (for optimising purposes)

    T.J., Feb 7, 2004
  4. T.J. <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am putting a link to a Spanish site, mainly to help
    > there search engine optimisation.
    > It needs to contain España in the anchor text.
    > What is the best way to do this? (for optimisation
    > rather than the correct way)
    > Should I just use Espana or España ?

    España would be prefered. Note that "España" means "Spain". Would
    "español" ("Spanish") or "en español" ("in Spanish") be more appropriate?

    > Also, what is the name of the squiggle above the n ?

    In English you would pronounce it "en-yay" with the n and the y as one
    sound.
    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com

    Michael Wilcox, Feb 7, 2004
  5. "T.J." <> wrote:

    > I am putting a link to a Spanish site, mainly to help
    > there search engine optimisation.

    Are you serious?

    > It needs to contain España in the anchor text.

    So it is about Spain?

    > What is the best way to do this? (for optimisation
    > rather than the correct way)

    España España España España España España España España España</a>

    (Jr pna whfg ubcr gung guvf urycf frnepu ratvarf qrgrpg gur
    fcnzqrkvat nggrzcg.)

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Feb 7, 2004