best way to accelerate xmlrpc?

mh

I've got some python xmlrpc servers and clients.
What's the best way to accelerate them?

xmlrpclib.py attempts to import these modules:

import _xmlrpclib
import sgmlop
from xml.parsers import expat

and falls back to defining the SlowParser class.

So, which of these modules is the preferred one to build
for python 2.5? for python 2.6?

Many TIA!
Mark

skip

Mark> I've got some python xmlrpc servers and clients. What's the best
Mark> way to accelerate them?

Mark> xmlrpclib.py attempts to import these modules:

Mark> import _xmlrpclib
Mark> import sgmlop
Mark> from xml.parsers import expat

sgmlop always worked well for me. I never bothered to try anything else.
Haven't used it in quite awhile though (2.4-ish). I just built sgmlop 1.1.1
with the cvs head version of Python (aka 2.7a0) and ran its selftest script
with no errors.

Skip

Martin v. Löwis

I've got some python xmlrpc servers and clients.
What's the best way to accelerate them?

You mean, fastest?
xmlrpclib.py attempts to import these modules:

import _xmlrpclib
import sgmlop
from xml.parsers import expat

and falls back to defining the SlowParser class.

Why does it fall back on your system? It should definitely
find expat - that is included with the Python distribution.
So, which of these modules is the preferred one to build
for python 2.5? for python 2.6?

sgmlop is faster than expat. _xmlrpclib apparently is no longer
available.

Regards,
Martin