Best way to batch insert/delete on sql 2005

Steve

ASP.net 2.0
SQL 2005

I need to insert/delete multiple records from a database.

Error checking and exceptions are not a problem, the data being
added/deleted are simple integer IDs.

The number of records being affected would typically be in the 1 to 50
range.

I have read about the xml input approach into sql server and the ado
2.0 batch update method.

A bit confused on the batch update method. I am using a 3 layered
approach and I really don't understand the syntax which I have to use
in my business object to implement batch update.

Do I also have to make any changes to my DAL i.e. my .xsd files? Is it
the case that in fact it's my DAL and table adaptors which I have to
change and leave my business object alone?

I know this is rather a 'big' question, but after reading many articles
and consulting a book on this subject, I am really none the wiser as to
what the simplest method is given that I am using asp.net 2.0 and sql
2005.