best way to connect to ftp server through proxy?

Shane Witbeck

The only docs I found on this is using a SOCKS proxy. What's the best way to
connect to an FTP server through a non-SOCKS proxy?

-Shane

Shane Witbeck

Replying to my own post in case anyone else needs the code (all of one
line)...

open("somefile.zip","wb").write(open("ftp://username:password@host:port/remotefile.zip",
:proxy=>"http://proxyhost:proxyport").read)

-Shane