best way to create an 8 column-wide report

Brian

Mobile devices are definately not suited to displaying wide pages. However,
I am required to create an 8-column wide report. What is the best way of
doing this given that one field uses CheckBoxes bound to a dataset.

Brian

David Jessee

That would depend on your mobile device.
If you're looking at a standard cell phone, you're pretty much out of luck.
If you're looking at a smartphone which uses a web browser, a palm OS device
or an IPaq, you might have some other options.

I've had to create a few mobile applications for my company, there was only
one of them where I actually had to use the ASP.NET mobile controls, with
all of the others, I've used the normal ASP.NET controls and ben very
consious about my page real estate and ViewState content.

Now, this is where I'm going with this...

Mobile Devices that can render normal HTML content will, by default, strip
out a lot of the html elements that would cause the display to be too
cumbersome for the devile (e.g. Table/tr/td elements). If this is the care
with the development you're doing, ther should be a setting on the device
that will cause these elements to be rendered. On my Treo 600, the setting
is a checkmark for optimized/non-optimized display. Hope this gives you
some sort of help.