    Which softwares do pros recommend on making ASP.NET website ? Which
    software do you prefer ? I think Visual Studio is not that good at making a
    website, so what combination of softwares do u guys use to make a website ?
    Arsalan, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Arsalan

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Depends on what you mean by "make". I mean I love Visual Studio for working
    in the code, but it's Design view is poor. If that's what you are referring
    to then I use a text editor.

    P.S... "Best" is WAY too subjective, I'd suggest avoiding that

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Feb 15, 2005

  3. To tell you the truth. I have both Visual Studio and Dreamweaver open at the
    same time. I use VS.NET to create all of my aspx pages and it alsocreates
    all the assoc aspx.vb files for me. Then I use dreamweaver to edit the html
    layout in the aspx page. e.g layout the tables, cells, and also to create the
    css stylesheet. Then I switch back to vs.net to add the web server controls
    to the page designer because this adds the declaration to the code behind
    page as well. And then of course you build in vs.net. Its alot of back and
    forth; but vs 2005 should solve this issue

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFtcGEgLk5FVCBLb2Rlcg==?=, Feb 15, 2005
  4. I use Visual Studio.Net for programming, and FrontPage for developing the
    HTML portion of the app.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Neither a follower nor a lender be.

    Kevin Spencer, Feb 15, 2005
  5. Arsalan

    VC Guest

    The Design view of VS keeps reformatting the apsx page, making it hard to
    keep track of matching closing tags. Does Dreamweaver require a lot of
    learning? I just want to use it for desgining the table layout and checking
    matching tags.

    "Tampa .NET Koder" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    VC, Feb 15, 2005
  6. Dear Koder:

    What do you do with the stuff from Dreamweaver? Just cut and paste it into
    your VS html code? I've been thinking about getting Dreamweaver myself . . .

    Sandy

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=, Feb 16, 2005
  7. "Arsalan" <> wrote in
    > Which softwares do pros recommend on making ASP.NET website ? Which
    > software do you prefer ? I think Visual Studio is not that good at
    > making a website, so what combination of softwares do u guys use to make
    > a website ?

    For managing static content you might check this out:
    http://www.atozed.com/IWS/

    Get your ASP.NET in gear with IntraWeb!
    http://www.atozed.com/IntraWeb/
    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Feb 16, 2005
  8. Yes, that's what I do. Just cut and paste.

    Eliyahu

    "Sandy" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Koder:
    >
    > What do you do with the stuff from Dreamweaver? Just cut and paste it

    into
    > your VS html code? I've been thinking about getting Dreamweaver myself .

    .. .

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 16, 2005
  9. Arsalan

    Brian Guest

    Web Matrix is a nice, handy tool.

    Brian, Feb 16, 2005
  10. Arsalan

    Arsalan Guest

    Yes, but Dreamweaver has lots of pre-built in functions which makes life
    easier, but in VS you have to make everything from the scratch :)

    Arsalan, Feb 18, 2005