best way to display data?

Guest

Hello all!
I would like to take a row from a table and display this info in a nice
layout. I tried the the reapeater, can't seemm to do too much with that. And
I don't want a grid layout. I would like to lay out a bunch of lable
controls, and have each value from each row(one at a time) bind in. I just
wonder if this is a good way to approcah it, or is there a better way to
custom layour your display data. It's my understanding you can bind to any
control. So is there anything wrong with my madness?

TIA!!!

Rudy

Eliyahu Goldin

Rudy,

Try the repeater again. It is good for you. Make an ItemTemplate, put you
bunch of tables over there and bind them, everything as you say. That's the
right way.

Eliyahu

Guest

Hi Eliyahu!
I guess I don't have a full understanding how I can use the reapeter. Would
I have to set up serveral repeaters for each column? Would you have an
example or someplace that would have a example. The only think I really
found on repeaters is pretty simple, that is why I thought I was pretty
limited.

Thanks!
Rudy

Eliyahu Goldin

For example, I am using repeater for printing medical prescriptions. I made
an html for one prescription, set up nice table-based layout. After that I
put the html inside the repeater's ItemTemplate and databound all necessary
fields. Now I have a page that prints several prescriptions at once.

Eliyahu

Guest

I think I understand. It sounds like I would design my layout within HTML
instead of a layout on the webform. Then place that in the reapeater
ItemTemplate. I have never set up a layout with HTML before, I'll have to
look into how I can do that. This points me in the right direction. Thank you
for your help!

Rudy