Best way to do webpage for lifeline (photos)

©

©®

Anyone care to suggest a nice way to do a lifeline website which will
show a friend growing (from birth to marriage). I have quite a few
photos of the person's life as they have grown up.
It is a Christmas surprise and I was wondering if anyone could give some
pointers/suggestions that would make it a nice site.
Thanks

Sid Ismail

: Anyone care to suggest a nice way to do a lifeline website which will
: show a friend growing (from birth to marriage). I have quite a few
: photos of the person's life as they have grown up.
: It is a Christmas surprise and I was wondering if anyone could give some
: pointers/suggestions that would make it a nice site.
: Thanks
:

Put all the photos in one folder, then run Freshview and annotate it
thereafter. Lovely simple page of thumbnails with links and HTML all
generated for you - freeware - from
http://www.freshdevices.com/freshview.html

Sid

Long

: Anyone care to suggest a nice way to do a lifeline website which will
: show a friend growing (from birth to marriage). I have quite a few
: photos of the person's life as they have grown up.
: It is a Christmas surprise and I was wondering if anyone could give some
: pointers/suggestions that would make it a nice site.
: Thanks
:
You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.
Visit www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html to find out more.

Long

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Long:
: Anyone care to suggest a nice way to do a lifeline website which will
: show a friend growing (from birth to marriage). I have quite a few
: photos of the person's life as they have grown up.
: It is a Christmas surprise and I was wondering if anyone could give some
: pointers/suggestions that would make it a nice site.
: Thanks
:
You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.

Please do continue to spam the groups offering your very own Webcharm
server product as a solution for all kinds of simple authoring questions.

Long

: Quoth the raven named Long:
:
: > : Anyone care to suggest a nice way to do a lifeline website which will
: > : show a friend growing (from birth to marriage). I have quite a few
: > : photos of the person's life as they have grown up.
: > : It is a Christmas surprise and I was wondering if anyone could give some
: > : pointers/suggestions that would make it a nice site.
: > : Thanks
: > :
: > You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.
:
: Please do continue to spam the groups offering your very own Webcharm
: server product as a solution for all kinds of simple authoring questions.
:
bts,

You are doing such a good job at rooting out spam. Why don't you post
your responses to each porn-ad that's been posted daily? I am sure that
will be more appreciated.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Long:
: Quoth the raven named Long:
:
: > You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.
:
: Please do continue to spam the groups offering your very own Webcharm
: server product as a solution for all kinds of simple authoring questions.
:
bts,

You are doing such a good job at rooting out spam.
Thanks!

Why don't you post
your responses to each porn-ad that's been posted daily? I am sure that
will be more appreciated.

Everyone /knows/ they are spa... well, they're probably virus- or
worm-generated by infected clueless newbies, but your promotion of
your Webcharm web server product is far too subtle and the fledgling
web author might not understand that.

Can you say that a photo gallery as described here
http://www.edgesoft.ca/go/wcindex.html?top=wcug31&skin=&_sky=
will work at geocities.com?

Long

: Quoth the raven named Long:
:
: > : > : Quoth the raven named Long:
: > :
: > : > You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.
: > :
:
: Can you say that a photo gallery as described here
: http://www.edgesoft.ca/go/wcindex.html?top=wcug31&skin=&_sky=
: will work at geocities.com?
:
Currently no, but the OP was looking for a non-commercial solution that
fitted well with the WebCharm Free licensing. He has the option to install
WebCharm Free on a personal server and make use of the available feature.

I am surprised that no one has responded to your Rant as spam. Perhaps
they were wise and ignore your posts (like those of the porn-ads).

killFile add: bts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Long:
: Quoth the raven named Long:
:
: > : > : Quoth the raven named Long:
: > :
: > : > You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.
: > :
:
: Can you say that a photo gallery as described here
: http://www.edgesoft.ca/go/wcindex.html?top=wcug31&skin=&_sky=
: will work at geocities.com?
:
Currently no, but the OP was looking for a non-commercial solution that
fitted well with the WebCharm Free licensing. He has the option to install
WebCharm Free on a personal server and make use of the available feature.

Did you ask first if the OP had a personal server? I suspect, from
his question, he has no server of his own, therefore your advice was
useless.
I am surprised that no one has responded to your Rant as spam. Perhaps
they were wise and ignore your posts (like those of the porn-ads).

killFile add: bts

Aww... shucks. He won't see my answer. <g>

Blinky the Shark

Long said:
Currently no, but the OP was looking for a non-commercial solution
that fitted well with the WebCharm Free licensing. He has the option
to install WebCharm Free on a personal server and make use of the
available feature.

Apparently as demoware, for a period of 90 days, only. Has it been
brought out that this is trialware, rather than true freeware?

1.1.1 Edgesoft grants User a FREE nonexclusive license to use the
Program for a period of up to 90 days, starting from Effective Date.

1.1.6 User will delete all copies of the Program at the end of the
licensing period, at which point this Agreement terminates.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Blinky the Shark:
Apparently as demoware, for a period of 90 days, only. Has it been
brought out that this is trialware, rather than true freeware?

1.1.1 Edgesoft grants User a FREE nonexclusive license to use the
Program for a period of up to 90 days, starting from Effective Date.

1.1.6 User will delete all copies of the Program at the end of the
licensing period, at which point this Agreement terminates.

Oh, thanks Blinky. I missed that page. Near the bottom it also says:

"The current WebCharm Free license period begins on 2003-11-01 and
will end on 2004-01-31. ..."

So, "up to 90 days" is misleading. The clock started on 1 Nov.

What a hoot!