    It is a Christmas surprise and I was wondering if anyone could give some
    pointers/suggestions that would make it a nice site.
    Thanks
    ©®, Dec 12, 2003

  2. ©®

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:07:34 -0000, "©®" <> wrote:

    : Anyone care to suggest a nice way to do a lifeline website which will
    : show a friend growing (from birth to marriage). I have quite a few
    : photos of the person's life as they have grown up.
    : It is a Christmas surprise and I was wondering if anyone could give some
    : pointers/suggestions that would make it a nice site.
    : Thanks
    :

    Put all the photos in one folder, then run Freshview and annotate it
    thereafter. Lovely simple page of thumbnails with links and HTML all
    generated for you - freeware - from
    http://www.freshdevices.com/freshview.html

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Dec 12, 2003

  3. ©®

    Long Guest

    "©®" <> wrote in message news:3fd9f5c8$0$24539$...
    : Anyone care to suggest a nice way to do a lifeline website which will
    : show a friend growing (from birth to marriage). I have quite a few
    : photos of the person's life as they have grown up.
    : It is a Christmas surprise and I was wondering if anyone could give some
    : pointers/suggestions that would make it a nice site.
    : Thanks
    :
    You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.
    Visit www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html to find out more.

    Long
    Long, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Quoth the raven named Long:

    > "©®" <> wrote in message news:3fd9f5c8$0$24539$...
    > : Anyone care to suggest a nice way to do a lifeline website which will
    > : show a friend growing (from birth to marriage). I have quite a few
    > : photos of the person's life as they have grown up.
    > : It is a Christmas surprise and I was wondering if anyone could give some
    > : pointers/suggestions that would make it a nice site.
    > : Thanks
    > :
    > You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.

    Please do continue to spam the groups offering your very own Webcharm
    server product as a solution for all kinds of simple authoring questions.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 12, 2003
  5. ©®

    Long Guest

    : Quoth the raven named Long:
    :
    : > "©®" <> wrote in message
    : > : Anyone care to suggest a nice way to do a lifeline website which will
    : > : show a friend growing (from birth to marriage). I have quite a few
    : > : photos of the person's life as they have grown up.
    : > : It is a Christmas surprise and I was wondering if anyone could give some
    : > : pointers/suggestions that would make it a nice site.
    : > : Thanks
    : > :
    : > You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.
    :
    : Please do continue to spam the groups offering your very own Webcharm
    : server product as a solution for all kinds of simple authoring questions.
    :
    bts,

    You are doing such a good job at rooting out spam. Why don't you post
    your responses to each porn-ad that's been posted daily? I am sure that
    will be more appreciated.
    Long, Dec 12, 2003
  6. Quoth the raven named Long:

    > : Quoth the raven named Long:
    > :
    > : > You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.
    > :
    > : Please do continue to spam the groups offering your very own Webcharm
    > : server product as a solution for all kinds of simple authoring questions.
    > :
    > bts,
    >
    > You are doing such a good job at rooting out spam.

    Thanks!

    > Why don't you post
    > your responses to each porn-ad that's been posted daily? I am sure that
    > will be more appreciated.

    Everyone /knows/ they are spa... well, they're probably virus- or
    worm-generated by infected clueless newbies, but your promotion of
    your Webcharm web server product is far too subtle and the fledgling
    web author might not understand that.

    Can you say that a photo gallery as described here
    http://www.edgesoft.ca/go/wcindex.html?top=wcug31&skin=&_sky=
    will work at geocities.com?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 12, 2003
  7. ©®

    Long Guest

    : Quoth the raven named Long:
    :
    : > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in message
    : > news:yIoCb.10962$...
    : > : Quoth the raven named Long:
    : > :
    : > : > You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.
    : > :
    :
    : Can you say that a photo gallery as described here
    : http://www.edgesoft.ca/go/wcindex.html?top=wcug31&skin=&_sky=
    : will work at geocities.com?
    :
    Currently no, but the OP was looking for a non-commercial solution that
    fitted well with the WebCharm Free licensing. He has the option to install
    WebCharm Free on a personal server and make use of the available feature.

    I am surprised that no one has responded to your Rant as spam. Perhaps
    they were wise and ignore your posts (like those of the porn-ads).

    killFile add: bts
    Long, Dec 12, 2003
  8. Quoth the raven named Long:

    > : Quoth the raven named Long:
    > :
    > : > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in message
    > : > news:yIoCb.10962$...
    > : > : Quoth the raven named Long:
    > : > :
    > : > : > You could use WebCharm Free and serve a HTML-based slideshow or gallery.
    > : > :
    > :
    > : Can you say that a photo gallery as described here
    > : http://www.edgesoft.ca/go/wcindex.html?top=wcug31&skin=&_sky=
    > : will work at geocities.com?
    > :
    > Currently no, but the OP was looking for a non-commercial solution that
    > fitted well with the WebCharm Free licensing. He has the option to install
    > WebCharm Free on a personal server and make use of the available feature.

    Did you ask first if the OP had a personal server? I suspect, from
    his question, he has no server of his own, therefore your advice was
    useless.

    > I am surprised that no one has responded to your Rant as spam. Perhaps
    > they were wise and ignore your posts (like those of the porn-ads).

    My rant was spam? <LOL> I wasn't selling any product of mine, but
    was pointing out the fallacy of using yours.

    > killFile add: bts

    Aww... shucks. He won't see my answer. <g>

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 12, 2003
  9. Long wrote:

    > Currently no, but the OP was looking for a non-commercial solution
    > that fitted well with the WebCharm Free licensing. He has the option
    > to install WebCharm Free on a personal server and make use of the
    > available feature.

    Apparently as demoware, for a period of 90 days, only. Has it been
    brought out that this is trialware, rather than true freeware?

    1.1.1 Edgesoft grants User a FREE nonexclusive license to use the
    Program for a period of up to 90 days, starting from Effective Date.

    1.1.6 User will delete all copies of the Program at the end of the
    licensing period, at which point this Agreement terminates.

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 4892F
    [still no new sig]
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 12, 2003
  10. Quoth the raven named Blinky the Shark:

    > Long wrote:
    >
    >>Currently no, but the OP was looking for a non-commercial solution
    >>that fitted well with the WebCharm Free licensing. He has the option
    >>to install WebCharm Free on a personal server and make use of the
    >>available feature.

    > Apparently as demoware, for a period of 90 days, only. Has it been
    > brought out that this is trialware, rather than true freeware?
    >
    > 1.1.1 Edgesoft grants User a FREE nonexclusive license to use the
    > Program for a period of up to 90 days, starting from Effective Date.

    > 1.1.6 User will delete all copies of the Program at the end of the
    > licensing period, at which point this Agreement terminates.

    Oh, thanks Blinky. I missed that page. Near the bottom it also says:

    "The current WebCharm Free license period begins on 2003-11-01 and
    will end on 2004-01-31. ..."

    So, "up to 90 days" is misleading. The clock started on 1 Nov.

    What a hoot!

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left charmed.