    mean, I know how to do it, but I was wondering what is the best practice.

    TIA

    - Nicolaas

    WindAndWaves, Sep 29, 2004

  2. WindAndWaves

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Sep 29, 2004

  3. WindAndWaves

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <V_m6d.7744$>,
    says...
    > Hi Gurus
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what the best way is to embed flash into an html page. I
    > mean, I know how to do it, but I was wondering what is the best practice.

    The best way is to publish your flash, then use the object tag that
    Flash creates.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free

    WebcastMaker, Sep 29, 2004
  4. WindAndWaves

    WindAndWaves Guest

    thank you

    WindAndWaves, Sep 29, 2004
  5. WindAndWaves

    WindAndWaves Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:10:15 +1200, WindAndWaves <>
    > declared in alt.html:
    >
    > > Hi Gurus

    > What about me? :)
    >
    > > Can anyone tell me what the best way is to embed flash into an html

    page. I
    > > mean, I know how to do it, but I was wondering what is the best

    practice.

    > http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm
    > http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/
    >
    > --
    > Mark Parnell
    > http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    > "Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004

    Thank you that second link was rather interesting.

    WindAndWaves, Sep 29, 2004
  6. WindAndWaves

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:30:02 +1200, WindAndWaves <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Thank you that second link was rather interesting.

    Yes, the first one isn't really relevant to Flash - I just saw "embed"
    and automatically stuck that link in. :)

    Mark Parnell, Sep 29, 2004
  7. WindAndWaves

    WebcastMaker Guest

    WebcastMaker, Sep 29, 2004
  8. WindAndWaves

    Matrix Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:

    > Yes, the first one isn't really relevant to Flash - I just saw "embed"
    > and automatically stuck that link in. :)

    Right!

    ;)

    Matrix, Sep 30, 2004
  9. WindAndWaves

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:24:41 +0800, Matrix <> declared
    in alt.html:
    > Mark Parnell wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, the first one isn't really relevant to Flash - I just saw "embed"
    >> and automatically stuck that link in. :)

    > "Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004

    LOL. I'm at work, so definitely no rum&coke for me. :)

    Mark Parnell, Sep 30, 2004
  10. WindAndWaves

    WindAndWaves Guest

    > You must remember, that using <embed> in the object tag is a work
    > around. And NOT using it is also a work around. Neither is perfect,
    > and both have their issues (the flashsatay article mentions a few).

    Yeah, basically it is impossible to do it perfect, unless to you get
    hypertechnical. Oh well, then we just go back to the idea that as long as
    it works it is 'sweet as' (kiwi for fine).

    Thank you

    - Nicolaas

    WindAndWaves, Sep 30, 2004