Best Way to Hide Email from Web Robots

maflu

Hello,
I have a form on my website to send data to my email address with the
usual line:
<input type=hidden name="recipient" value="(e-mail address removed)">
What is the best way do you think to hide my email address so that
spammer robots cannot harvest it?
Should I use javascript (but how?) or Php?
Thank you for your help
Cheers
Ted

Fabian

maflu hu kiteb:
Hello,
I have a form on my website to send data to my email address with the
usual line:
<input type=hidden name="recipient" value="(e-mail address removed)">
What is the best way do you think to hide my email address so that
spammer robots cannot harvest it?

I find teh best and most effective technique is to encode teh email
address as html character entities. 7 etc... Haven't received spam
on my public email addreses so encoded yet.

Eric Bohlman

I have a form on my website to send data to my email address with the
usual line:
<input type=hidden name="recipient" value="(e-mail address removed)">
What is the best way do you think to hide my email address so that
spammer robots cannot harvest it?

Your form-handling script shouldn't be getting the actual mailing address
from the form itself, period. That's a giant security hole completely
apart from the possibility of harvesting, because it allows anyone to use
your mailer script to send mail to anyone. Spammers look for such scripts
and exploit them to send spam using the script owner's mail server.