Best Way to Implement Web Services

Mohammad

Hi,

I have just started learning about java web services.

It seems to me that there are 2 appraoches (please, correct me if I'm
wrong) for accomplishing that.

My impression is that one can use JAX-RPC or J2EE beans such as entity
or session beans. Is this right?

JAX-RPC seems to be lighter than J2EE. Is J2EE based on JAX-RPC?

Furthermore, what is the best way of implementing a web service?

Thanks in advance...

mromarkhan

Mohammad said:
Hi,

I have just started learning about java web services.

It seems to me that there are 2 appraoches (please, correct me if I'm
wrong) for accomplishing that.

My impression is that one can use JAX-RPC or J2EE beans such as entity
or session beans. Is this right?

JAX-RPC seems to be lighter than J2EE. Is J2EE based on JAX-RPC?

Furthermore, what is the best way of implementing a web service?

Thanks in advance...

Peace.

Here is a guess.
The two main contenders are SOAP and XML-RPC.
SOAP envelopes are more complicated than XML-RPC
envelopes, but with the complication comes
benefits, such as better datatyping.
SOAP is part of the web service architecture:
UDDI - discovery - business domain
WSDL - description - the web services the business offers
SOAP - protocol
XML - language

Have a good day.