best way to index numerical text data ?

Jack

Hi I have a lot of data that is in a TEXT file which are numbers does
anyone have a good suggestion for indexing TEXT numbers (zip codes,
other codes, dollar amounts, quantities, etc). since Lucene and other
indexers are really optimized for Alpha character indexing. What
approaches are typically taken in computer science for example to index

text numbers..hash maps or something else ??

Thank you,

Jack

Jack Klein

Hi I have a lot of data that is in a TEXT file which are numbers does
anyone have a good suggestion for indexing TEXT numbers (zip codes,
other codes, dollar amounts, quantities, etc). since Lucene and other
indexers are really optimized for Alpha character indexing. What
approaches are typically taken in computer science for example to index

text numbers..hash maps or something else ??

Thank you,

Jack

I don't see any question here about the C language. If you are
looking for an algorithm, I would suggest asking in

Once you have selected an algorithm, if you have problems writing a
standard C program to implement it, then ask for help here.