Best way to keep a hidden value?

Bruce W..1

What's the best way to keep a hidden value? It doesn't need encryption or any protection.

I realize that I could use a Label control's viewstate, and just make it not visible, but
that doesn't seem efficient. Or I could use a session variable, or a cookie...

To simply hide a simple value in a page, what's the best way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Suresh

Hidden ASP.NET or HTML server side objects are fine for
keeping hidden values in a page.

HTH,
Suresh.