    designed specifically for page layout?

    TIA,
    Dan
    Dan, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Dan

    Sam Hughes Guest

    Dan <> wrote in news:9qPQc.42$:

    > Is it to use table(s) with CSS? Or is there something newer and
    > designed specifically for page layout?

    It is to use CSS without tables. Use float properties or absolute
    positioning, etcetera.

    --
    In a room with thirty-seven people, never have everybody shake each other's
    hand.
    Sam Hughes, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    On 8/6/2004 12:53 PM, Sam Hughes wrote:

    > Dan <> wrote in news:9qPQc.42$:
    >

    >>Is it to use table(s) with CSS? Or is there something newer and
    >>designed specifically for page layout?

    > It is to use CSS without tables. Use float properties or absolute
    > positioning, etcetera.

    Is there any tutorial on the web that shows this?

    Dan
    Dan, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Dan

    Neal Guest

    http://www.w3schools.com/ has a reasonably good tutorial.
    Neal, Aug 6, 2004
  5. Dan

    Karl Groves Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > On 8/6/2004 12:53 PM, Sam Hughes wrote:
    >
    > > Dan <> wrote in news:9qPQc.42$:
    > >

    > >>Is it to use table(s) with CSS? Or is there something newer and
    > >>designed specifically for page layout?

    > > It is to use CSS without tables. Use float properties or absolute
    > > positioning, etcetera.
    > >

    > Is there any tutorial on the web that shows this?

    Nope. sorry. gonna have to just think really hard to figure it out on your
    own. There's a moratorium on tutorials (say that 3x fast)

    -Karl
    Karl Groves, Aug 6, 2004
  6. Dan

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:56:57 -0500, Dan <> wrote:

    : On 8/6/2004 12:53 PM, Sam Hughes wrote:
    :
    : > Dan <> wrote in news:9qPQc.42$:
    : >
    : >
    : >>Is it to use table(s) with CSS? Or is there something newer and
    : >>designed specifically for page layout?
    : >
    : >
    : > It is to use CSS without tables. Use float properties or absolute
    : > positioning, etcetera.
    : >
    :
    :
    : Is there any tutorial on the web that shows this?

    Have a look at: http://css.nu/articles/table-in-css.html

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Aug 6, 2004
  7. Dan

    Big Bill Guest

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:37:22 -0400, "Karl Groves"
    <> wrote:

    >"Dan" <> wrote in message

    >> > It is to use CSS without tables. Use float properties or absolute
    >> > positioning, etcetera.
    >> >

    >> Is there any tutorial on the web that shows this?

    >Nope. sorry. gonna have to just think really hard to figure it out on your
    >own. There's a moratorium on tutorials (say that 3x fast)
    >
    >-Karl

    Is this what folk told you when you were learning, Karl?

    BB
    Big Bill, Aug 6, 2004
  8. Dan

    Karl Groves Guest

    "Big Bill" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:37:22 -0400, "Karl Groves"
    > <> wrote:

    > >> Is there any tutorial on the web that shows this?

    > >Nope. sorry. gonna have to just think really hard to figure it out on

    your
    > >own. There's a moratorium on tutorials (say that 3x fast)
    > >
    > >-Karl

    > Is this what folk told you when you were learning, Karl?

    No. I was smart enough to type a well-formed query into google and find the
    tutorials myself.

    -Karl
    Karl Groves, Aug 6, 2004
  9. Dan

    Webcastmaker Guest

    In article <9qPQc.42$>,
    says...
    > Is it to use table(s) with CSS? Or is there something newer and
    > designed specifically for page layout?

    Tables and/or CSS. Totally depends on what you are trying to do.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    www.webentations.com
    Webcastmaker, Aug 6, 2004
  10. Dan <> wrote:

    > Is it to use table(s) with CSS?

    Sometimes. Sometimes you will want a pure CSS layout, but often a table
    will make sense.

    The Doormouse

    The Doormouse, Aug 7, 2004
  11. Dan