Best way to manipulate XML? DOM, JDOM?

Chris

I'm looking for a simple way to represent XML in memory. I've come
across JDOM, dom4j, and the org.w3c.dom package in the JDK.

Which one are most people using these days?

I see that most of the discussion about these choices happened a few
years ago, and I'm wondering if the world has converged on one
particular solution.

I really like StAX, by the way, and would like to have a model that
works well with it.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Chris said:
I'm looking for a simple way to represent XML in memory. I've come
across JDOM, dom4j, and the org.w3c.dom package in the JDK.

Which one are most people using these days?

I see that most of the discussion about these choices happened a few
years ago, and I'm wondering if the world has converged on one
particular solution.

I am pretty sure that most people use the standard W3C DOM - either
the builtin or a newer Xerces.

Only if you really have to write a lot of XML processing code you
should go for a more powerful library like JDOM.

Arne