Best way to merge a blog engine into my website

Cal Who

I want to add a blog to my existing site.

I see that there are quite a few free complete blog software kits available.

I'd like to try to install one along side my existing website.

I'm guessing one way is to combine the Global.asax, default.aspx and
web.Config files so that there is only one website entry and the website or
blog can then be selected.

I'm wondering if there is a simpler way. I'm wondering if I can create a
folder in my website and copy the entire blog software, including the files
mentioned above, into it. Is it possible to have two, for example,
web.config files (in different folders)?

I'd appreciate any input, such as a good blog engine to use
or how it merge it with my website.

Thanks

Cal Who

Cal Who said:
I want to add a blog to my existing site.

I see that there are quite a few free complete blog software kits
available.

I'd like to try to install one along side my existing website.

I'm guessing one way is to combine the Global.asax, default.aspx and
web.Config files so that there is only one website entry and the website
or blog can then be selected.

I'm wondering if there is a simpler way. I'm wondering if I can create a
folder in my website and copy the entire blog software, including the
files mentioned above, into it. Is it possible to have two, for example,
web.config files (in different folders)?

I'd appreciate any input, such as a good blog engine to use
or how it merge it with my website.

Thanks
This is turning out to be very difficult.
I put the blog software into a folder under the main folder.
I combined the web.config files and the Global.asax files into the main
folder files.
Moved folders from App-Code into the main folder App-Code.

But now it can't find some namespace so I'm thinking this isn't going to
work.

Can you suggest some way I can add a Blog to my existing website solution
without me generating my own blog software?

Thanks

Andrew Morton

Cal said:
Can you suggest some way I can add a Blog to my existing website
solution without me generating my own blog software?

Could you have a separate website, e.g. blog.calwho.com, in addition to
www.calwho.com, thus avoiding trying to merge them? Just make an entry in
your DNS settings for blog.calwho.com pointing to the same IP address as
www.calwho.com and use host headers in IIS to direct it to the correct web
site.

Cal Who

I buy from a host. I'd rather not pay for two.

I think what you are saying is for someone who has his own server.
Is that correct or can I also do that?

Thanks
..

Andrew Morton

Cal said:
I buy from a host. I'd rather not pay for two.

I think what you are saying is for someone who has his own server.
Is that correct or can I also do that?

Well, it depends on what's in the package you bought. Is it purely
www.example.com or all of example.com and some sort of access to the DNS
records and server config through some sort of control panel? It'll be a
case of looking at the docs from your hosting company.