Best way to pass sqldatareader?

Guest

Hey all-
I've done some reading and came accross a few different sources that say
it's not a good idea to pass sqlDataReaders. This is fine, but how are you
really suppost to do this then?

In my current app I created a Class and then created a few custom functions
that return datareaders. Would somone share with me how I really need to be
doing this?

Thanks,
Doug

Kevin Spencer

Uncle Chutney sez "There is an exception to every rule. Except this one."
I've done some reading and came accross a few different sources that say
it's not a good idea to pass sqlDataReaders.

It isn't a hard and fast rule. On the other hand, if you have to ask, you
should probably follow it.
This is fine, but how are you
really suppost to do this then?

Use DataTables or DataSets instead?