    Generally any good advice on how to get all of these iframes on a
    single page is welcome!

    Thanks!

    gtfaetaw34, Sep 18, 2008

  2. gtfaetaw34

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    gtfaetaw34 <> wrote:

    > hi fellow html coders!
    >
    > Im having an issue. I hired someone to redo my website, and they did
    > it using iframes! Which stinks because it isn't being cached
    > correctly by google, and basically it makes my site un-usable by
    > search engines.
    >
    > So Im trying to find out (I have html/jsp coding skills) what the best
    > way for removing or replacing the iframes so that the entire web page
    > is a single page. Clearly Id like to do this in a way that is quick -
    > which isn't likely, however a more full solution for removing the
    > iframes would also be welcome!
    >
    > Generally any good advice on how to get all of these iframes on a
    > single page is welcome!
    >
    > Thanks!

    Hire the hirer to make a dummy model of your site without personal
    details and post a URL and we will sort it out for you.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 18, 2008

  3. gtfaetaw34

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 18 Sep 2008, gtfaetaw34 <> wrote:

    > hi fellow html coders!
    >
    > Im having an issue. I hired someone to redo my website, and they did
    > it using iframes! Which stinks because it isn't being cached
    > correctly by google, and basically it makes my site un-usable by
    > search engines.
    >
    > So Im trying to find out (I have html/jsp coding skills) what the best
    > way for removing or replacing the iframes so that the entire web page
    > is a single page. Clearly Id like to do this in a way that is quick -
    > which isn't likely, however a more full solution for removing the
    > iframes would also be welcome!
    >
    > Generally any good advice on how to get all of these iframes on a
    > single page is welcome!

    Best thing is probably to use server-side includes. Php is my fav, asp
    will work, too, and even ssi if your host handles it.

    Of course the includes can't be complete, unadulterated pages as with
    iframes (or objects), but the results are certainly better.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/

    Neredbojias, Sep 18, 2008
  4. gtfaetaw34

    gtfaetaw34 Guest

    On Sep 18, 8:59 am, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    > On 18 Sep 2008, gtfaetaw34 <> wrote:
    >
    > > hi fellow html coders!

    > > Im having an issue.  I hired someone to redo my website, and they did
    > > it using iframes!  Which stinks because it isn't being cached
    > > correctly by google, and basically it makes my site un-usable by
    > > search engines.

    > > So Im trying to find out (I have html/jsp coding skills) what the best
    > > way for removing or replacing the iframes so that the entire web page
    > > is a single page.  Clearly Id like to do this in a way that is quick -
    > > which isn't likely, however a more full solution for removing the
    > > iframes would also be welcome!

    > > Generally any good advice on how to get all of these iframes on a
    > > single page is welcome!

    > Best thing is probably to use server-side includes.  Php is my fav, asp
    > will work, too, and even ssi if your host handles it.
    >
    > Of course the includes can't be complete, unadulterated pages as with
    > iframes (or objects), but the results are certainly better.
    >
    > --
    > Neredbojiashttp://www.neredbojias.org/
    > Great Sights and Sounds

    can the server side includes include css styles? or does that F them
    up?

    gtfaetaw34, Oct 21, 2008
  5. gtfaetaw34

    gtfaetaw34 Guest

    On Sep 18, 7:45 am, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >

    >  gtfaetaw34 <> wrote:
    > > hi fellow html coders!

    > > Im having an issue.  I hired someone to redo my website, and they did
    > > it using iframes!  Which stinks because it isn't being cached
    > > correctly by google, and basically it makes my site un-usable by
    > > search engines.

    > > So Im trying to find out (I have html/jsp coding skills) what the best
    > > way for removing or replacing the iframes so that the entire web page
    > > is a single page.  Clearly Id like to do this in a way that is quick -
    > > which isn't likely, however a more full solution for removing the
    > > iframes would also be welcome!

    > > Generally any good advice on how to get all of these iframes on a
    > > single page is welcome!

    > > Thanks!

    > Hire the hirer to make a dummy model of your site without personal
    > details and post a URL and we will sort it out for you.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme- Hide quoted text -

    you guys wouldnt really do that would you?

    gtfaetaw34, Oct 21, 2008
  6. gtfaetaw34

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 21 Oct 2008, gtfaetaw34 <> wrote:

    > On Sep 18, 8:59 am, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >> On 18 Sep 2008, gtfaetaw34 <> wrote:
    >> Best thing is probably to use server-side includes.  Php is my fav,
    >> asp will work, too, and even ssi if your host handles it.
    >>
    >> Of course the includes can't be complete, unadulterated pages as
    >> with iframes (or objects), but the results are certainly better.

    > can the server side includes include css styles?

    Sure, although it's probably better to use an external stylesheet
    instead. Php includes, for instance, can be used for any of the same
    valid text you could write in a web page.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/

    Neredbojias, Oct 22, 2008