Best way to send binary

Ralph Krausse

We are building a Linux product who's binary (executable) needs to
have the ability to be updated. The embedded system will be behind a
firewall. I was thinking this could be done over XML and base64 encode
the binary. Would this work? Can I .NET web service do this and talk
to Linux?

Thanks
Ralph

Scott Allen

Hi Ralph:

You could always make calls from Linux applications to a .NET Web
Service using SOAP. What language is the Linux app written in? It
seems like there are toolkits available for almost every popular Linux
development environment: C++, Perl, Python, Java, etc.