    - A ascii type protocol akin to ftp the hands out all the info to the
    processes

    Any other ideas? What would work the best

    kyle.tk, Oct 8, 2005

  2. "kyle.tk" <> wrote:

    > So I have a central list of python objects that I want to be able to
    > share between different process that are possibly on different
    > computers on the network. Some of the processes will add objects to
    > list and another process will be a GUI that will view objects in the
    > list. I want this all to happen in real-time (e.g once a processes adds
    > an object to the list the GUI will see it.)
    >
    > What would be the best way to accomplish this. Some of my ideas:
    > - An XML file r/w-able by all processes
    > - Send pickled objects between all processes and each keeps it own list
    > locally
    > - A ascii type protocol akin to ftp the hands out all the info to the
    > processes
    >
    > Any other ideas? What would work the best

    If all the processes are python, I would check Pyro first: http://pyro.sourceforge.net/.

    George

    George Sakkis, Oct 8, 2005

  3. kyle.tk

    Magnus Lycka Guest

    kyle.tk wrote:
    > So I have a central list of python objects that I want to be able to
    > share between different process that are possibly on different
    > computers on the network. Some of the processes will add objects to
    > list and another process will be a GUI that will view objects in the
    > list. I want this all to happen in real-time (e.g once a processes adds
    > an object to the list the GUI will see it.)
    >
    > What would be the best way to accomplish this. Some of my ideas:
    > - An XML file r/w-able by all processes
    > - Send pickled objects between all processes and each keeps it own list
    > locally
    > - A ascii type protocol akin to ftp the hands out all the info to the
    > processes
    >
    > Any other ideas? What would work the best

    Relational database are useful for sharing data in a controlled way.
    A better option for arbirary Python objects might be ZODB with ZEO.

    http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage
    http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage/guide/index.html

    Magnus Lycka, Oct 11, 2005
  4. kyle.tk

    Tim Arnold Guest

    "Magnus Lycka" <> wrote in message
    > kyle.tk wrote:
    >> So I have a central list of python objects that I want to be able to
    >> share between different process that are possibly on different
    >> computers on the network. Some of the processes will add objects to
    >> list and another process will be a GUI that will view objects in the
    >> list. I want this all to happen in real-time (e.g once a processes adds
    >> an object to the list the GUI will see it.)
    >>
    >> What would be the best way to accomplish this. Some of my ideas:
    >> - An XML file r/w-able by all processes
    >> - Send pickled objects between all processes and each keeps it own list
    >> locally
    >> - A ascii type protocol akin to ftp the hands out all the info to the
    >> processes
    >>
    >> Any other ideas? What would work the best

    > Relational database are useful for sharing data in a controlled way.
    > A better option for arbirary Python objects might be ZODB with ZEO.
    >
    > http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage
    > http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage/guide/index.html

    Another one to consider is wddx, quite useful if you need to share data
    between different languages.

    --Tim

    Tim Arnold, Oct 11, 2005