Best way to share site with html pages

David Thielen

Hi;

We have a website that is mostly HTML pages and needs 2 ASPX pages.
What's the best way to do this? Can I have both share the same root
directory for the website or does that cause problems?

ps - At present this new site is both a subdirectory in our main site
and is the root directory for a new domain. That is a piece of cake to
do with html pages but I'm not sure how to configure IIS so that
ASP.NET handles it properly for what is really 2 sites.

example:
www.contoso.com./business/dave.htm is the same as
www.newsite.com/dave.htm

david@[email protected]
Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
me -- http://dave.thielen.com

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Dave,
We have a website that is mostly HTML pages and needs 2 ASPX pages.
What's the best way to do this? Can I have both share the same root
directory for the website or does that cause problems?

I don't think it will cause any problems. Can you access aspx pages? If
not, what error do you see?
but I'm not sure how to configure IIS so that
ASP.NET handles it properly for what is really 2 sites.

Could you tell me the IIS version, ASP.NET version and operating system
version? In the mean time you can refer to the following documentations to
see how to setup ASP.NET.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/0
1563a60-038c-46d8-9a63-5104f5816767.mspx?mfr=true

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/243/aspnet-integration-with-iis7/

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Dave,
We have a website that is mostly HTML pages and needs 2 ASPX pages.
What's the best way to do this? Can I have both share the same root
directory for the website or does that cause problems?

Do you have any progress on this issue?

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support