Best way to share site with html pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Thielen, Aug 2, 2009.

  1. David Thielen, Aug 2, 2009

  2. On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 09:56:04 -0600, David Thielen
    <> wrote:

    >Hi;
    >
    >We have a website that is mostly HTML pages and needs 2 ASPX pages.
    >What's the best way to do this? Can I have both share the same root
    >directory for the website or does that cause problems?

    ps - At present this new site is both a subdirectory in our main site
    and is the root directory for a new domain. That is a piece of cake to
    do with html pages but I'm not sure how to configure IIS so that
    ASP.NET handles it properly for what is really 2 sites.

    example:
    www.contoso.com./business/dave.htm is the same as
    www.newsite.com/dave.htm

    david@
    Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
    me -- http://dave.thielen.com

    David Thielen, Aug 2, 2009

  3. Hi Dave,

    >We have a website that is mostly HTML pages and needs 2 ASPX pages.
    >What's the best way to do this? Can I have both share the same root
    >directory for the website or does that cause problems?

    I don't think it will cause any problems. Can you access aspx pages? If
    not, what error do you see?

    >but I'm not sure how to configure IIS so that
    >ASP.NET handles it properly for what is really 2 sites.

    Could you tell me the IIS version, ASP.NET version and operating system
    version? In the mean time you can refer to the following documentations to
    see how to setup ASP.NET.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/0
    1563a60-038c-46d8-9a63-5104f5816767.mspx?mfr=true

    http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/243/aspnet-integration-with-iis7/

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Aug 3, 2009
  4. Hi Dave,

    >We have a website that is mostly HTML pages and needs 2 ASPX pages.
    >What's the best way to do this? Can I have both share the same root
    >directory for the website or does that cause problems?

    Do you have any progress on this issue?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support